OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Crashes to Desktop?

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
dave39
Post subject: Crashes to Desktop?
Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:14 pm

Hi!
Had 2 ctd's in the last couple of days ago and am trying to route out the cause.

My system:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.4GHz
16.00 GB RAM,
3840x1024, 60Hz
Geforce GTX 580
64 bit,Windows 7 Home Premium

Have PF3 operating on a client PC and had FSC9.6 connected off of same client PC. Can I do that??? Not sure if two things connected to FSX on same client PC is my problem???

After the first ctd I did exactly the same flight to see if it happened agian and another ctd happened I believe about the same time into the flight. Both flights, I was flying ifly737-800, was about 1/2 hour into the flight and got an error message on host pc saying fsx shutting down. Also got window on client pc from PF3 to enter email address, describe what occurred and send in log, which I did.

Last night, did the flight a third time without connecting to PF3 and there was no ctd.

I will try it again, connected to Pf3 but will not connect to FSC9.6 on my client PC and see what happens.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Have attached the log.

thanks
dave

Attachments
pf3_error_report_20160302_210546.zip
(330.71 KiB) Downloaded 175 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Crashes to Desktop?
Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:35 pm
Site Admin

Well I'll certainly be interested to hear how things go. I'm not one to say 'never' but I'd very much doubt PF3 could cause FSX to CTD. Perhaps you could try a different aircraft?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
dave39
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:50 am

Hi Dave,

Have done numerous flights with my Duke Turbine v2 from Realair without any issues.
Hence the reason for my bewilderment. Not to sure what is going on. Love the product
so want to figure this out! :-)
Now that you say that, I will also try the same flight with my Duke and see what happens.

Regards,

Dave

[ img ]

Profile Quote
dave39
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:51 am

Just completed the flight during which I had the ctd's that I mentioned above. I did this flight without FSC9.6 connected through my client pc with aircraft/moving map operating. Just had PF3 on client pc and things worked fine with only a few questions resulting.
This flight with the 737-800 was the first time I move up from flights with my turbo prop to the 737 which is obviously a little more involved from the aircraft operation perspective as well as PF3.
A couple of little hiccups and questions that the flight that I have now completed successfully gave rise to.

Synopsis of flight;

Just before taxiing advised of runway change. Love it!

1) During the flight there were 3-4 situations where I was advised to do something and when I hit the roger/readback (spacebar for me) there was no read back by me.

2)Received the resume own navigation command from ATC after departure and when I acknowledged, there was no read back.

3) During climb and early cruise got a couple of traffic advisories and then things fell silent. Could it have been because I might have forgotten to acknowledge an advisory?

4)Than I notice that I didn't get handed over from Edmonton Center to Vancouver Center. Should this have happened or am I suppose to do it on my own? I also had a flight plan of FL360 however ATC never cleared me from FL300 to FL360. Does "resume own navigation" include altitude changes or should I stay at the last elevation that PF3 gives?

PF3 want me to start descent earlier than my FMC, love it! Have to manage the FMC.

Getting close to CYVR just prior to STAR got runway change from 8L to 8R, love it!

5) ATC advised me of vectors for ILS 8R but I couldn't get the read back/roger to read back.

Overall this first successful experience with PF3 and a 737-800 flight was AWESOME!!!!

6) One final question. Should the flight plan be opened in flight planner within FSX as well? Yes? No? Doesn't matter?

Any guidance/advice on these questions and situations I found myself in are much appreciated!

Thanks
Dave

Attachments
flightlogs.zip
(541.56 KiB) Downloaded 173 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:44 am

dave39 wrote:
Just completed the flight during which I had the ctd's that I mentioned above. I did this flight without FSC9.6 connected through my client pc with aircraft/moving map operating. Just had PF3 on client pc and things worked fine with only a few questions resulting.
This flight with the 737-800 was the first time I move up from flights with my turbo prop to the 737 which is obviously a little more involved from the aircraft operation perspective as well as PF3.
A couple of little hiccups and questions that the flight that I have now completed successfully gave rise to.

Synopsis of flight;

Just before taxiing advised of runway change. Love it!

1) During the flight there were 3-4 situations where I was advised to do something and when I hit the roger/readback (spacebar for me) there was no read back by me.

2)Received the resume own navigation command from ATC after departure and when I acknowledged, there was no read back.

3) During climb and early cruise got a couple of traffic advisories and then things fell silent. Could it have been because I might have forgotten to acknowledge an advisory?

4)Than I notice that I didn't get handed over from Edmonton Center to Vancouver Center. Should this have happened or am I suppose to do it on my own? I also had a flight plan of FL360 however ATC never cleared me from FL300 to FL360. Does "resume own navigation" include altitude changes or should I stay at the last elevation that PF3 gives?

PF3 want me to start descent earlier than my FMC, love it! Have to manage the FMC.

Getting close to CYVR just prior to STAR got runway change from 8L to 8R, love it!

5) ATC advised me of vectors for ILS 8R but I couldn't get the read back/roger to read back.

Overall this first successful experience with PF3 and a 737-800 flight was AWESOME!!!!

6) One final question. Should the flight plan be opened in flight planner within FSX as well? Yes? No? Doesn't matter?

Any guidance/advice on these questions and situations I found myself in are much appreciated!

Thanks
Dave
When you say you're not getting any readback what is your vcp setting and/or are you using voice control? You will sometimes get periods of silence that's normal. It depends on your AI volume as well. No you don't need to open a fpl within FSX unless your aircraft needs to see the fpl. My VC10 for example has an MFD but not connected to an FMC as it only displays the routemap. So for that one reason I load a fpl within the sim. I can run PF3 and CIVA INS without an "internal" fpl running. As for you "roger" problem. Check your hotkey settings and check that there is no possible conflict with the a/c systems or other addons. Do a short flight and see if the problem repeats itself. In the mean time Dave can check your logs to see if anything is untoward.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:48 am
Site Admin

Quote:
From what I can see Dave those few occasions there were no hotkeys detected. Maybe I should add an option to give a 'beep' when the key is actually detected?
Quote:
Again, not hotkey detected in the log
Quote:
Once you're at cruise you'll only hear ATC chatting with other traffic so will all depend on how many AI aircraft there are within the specified radius of your aircraft. Remember you can enlarge the radius in Options #1
Quote:
Yes you should have been handed off to Vancouver and yes you should have been cleared to FL360, so this IS a concern. What would help is if you increased your Debug level (options #1 screen) to '3' and then let me have your next flight's logs together with a list of things that you believe are issues. Hopefully then I will be able to sort them out. I have a sneaky feeling it is something to do with setting your VCP to OFF.
Quote:
Again, I couldn't see any detected hotkeys at that time
Quote:
Doesn't matter

Thanks so much for your feedback and help.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
dave39
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:32 pm

Good morning!
Thanks for the thorough replys. Thought I was getting a little lengthy in my post!
What I'll do next is change the hotkey for roger/readback to something other than the space bar
since this seems to be an issue at my end. Maybe I need a better key board!!
I would certainly vote for the beep once the key is detected. What happens if you fail to respond to a PF3 command? Does it confuse things in some way?
Will increase the debug to 3, do the flight again and let you know how it goes!

Thanks again for the superior support!

Dave

[ img ]

Profile Quote
dave39
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:41 am

Believe it or not, my SHIFT key is sticking! I am sure it will mess things up within FSX and PF3.
I will take care of this issue and then try the flight again with the ifly737-800.

Did try the same flight with my turbo prop and it went almost to completion before I got another ctd "A fatal error has occurred. Flight Simulator will restart"

The log went to you attached within the PF3 error system in the software.

Thanks
dave

[ img ]

Profile Quote
dave39
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:23 am

Hi Dave,

SUCCESSFUL FLIGHT CYYC to CYVR! All worked flawlessly. Key board problem resolved. All atc commands, all readbacks, no issues!

Interestingly though I still got a PF3 error at the end which I submitted. The only thing that did not work perfectly was direction to my destination parking spot. I am no so sure what I am looking for at the specific spot where I am suppose to park if anything.

One suggestion I would throw into the had is something from ATC if I fail to respond as is the case with the default ATC; "Did you copy my last transmission". Don't know if that is realistic or not.

Still have more to explore with STARS and SIDS but they worked fine just leaving them on DP.

Once again AWESOME product support and a great piece of software.

Thanks again

Dave

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:42 am
Site Admin

Quote:
The only thing that did not work perfectly was direction to my destination parking spot. I am no so sure what I am looking for at the specific spot where I am suppose to park if anything.
Hi Dave,

When you say it didn't work, what exactly happened. Looking at you log file it ended rather abruptly. Did the PF3 error display popup before you landed of after?

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: