OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Little suggestion for interface (or do I have a problem?)

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 4  [ 37 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 »
helix1250
Post subject: Re: Little suggestion for interface (or do I have a problem?
Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:51 am

Hi Dave,

I fired up my system and gave it a test, I set the skin to default and then when to options#1 I changed any of the setting and then clicked close. I this got the popup window that PF3 had stopped working, I closed the first window and then it popped up again. clicked close again and then PF3 shutdown.

I have attached vi drop box my log files and pictures of the windows I see and also a picture of my windows event viewer, all the red errors you see refer to the same faulting module path.

I hoe this helps and shout if you need any further information :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nu2ax7ngq2aqx ... S.zip?dl=0

Regards Rob

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:08 am
Site Admin

martinlest wrote:
I haven't had the same problem as Rob. I tried turning off skins completely after posting above, and now PF3 stays open when I close the options #1 menu. A pity as some of the skins are quite nice - but that's no big deal for now, I suppose it will be fixed at some stage in the future.
I would have fixed it long ago but confess to not knowing why some users have the problem and others don't. PF3 uses the same skinning mechanism as PFE so at the very least if you use the old PFE skin you shouldn't have a problem, but that doesn't seem to be the case. :(

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:10 am
Site Admin

helix1250 wrote:
Hi Dave,

I fired up my system and gave it a test, I set the skin to default and then when to options#1 I changed any of the setting and then clicked close. I this got the popup window that PF3 had stopped working, I closed the first window and then it popped up again. clicked close again and then PF3 shutdown.

I have attached vi drop box my log files and pictures of the windows I see and also a picture of my windows event viewer, all the red errors you see refer to the same faulting module path.

I hoe this helps and shout if you need any further information :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nu2ax7ngq2aqx ... S.zip?dl=0

Regards Rob
Looks like you are one of the unlucky ones and will have to turn the skins feature OFF via the Options #2 Advanced Options page

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:34 am

Well fortunately the skins problem is of course one that doesn't impinge on the functionality of PF3 at all, so it's no big deal. It is frustrating (mostly for you as developer!) that the same way of producing skins as in PFE is producing these problems for some users. Certainly makes you wonder what the conflict could be - so many variables though, a troubleshooting nightmare. Good luck anyway! Be good to get some colour back at some stage! ;)

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:35 am

Well that's a tad unsporting of my system not to play nicely with PF3!! I'm jolly well off to give it a dam good ticking off!! :D

On the flip side I have just tried it with skins turned off and it works fine!! I fact everything seems to load and work faster than before :lol:

One thing I did notice while using CP1 option for VCP the radios in the dash do not show a frequency change but when you click the next request it says all the right things, so not sure if that's right or not in the Dash 8

Rob

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:56 pm

The best thing for those that have a "skin" problem :oops: is to let Dave know your system specs, what version of Windows etc and any add-ons already loaded. Dave might be able to spot a common factor and test that. Do you have any other problems with your sim for example?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:19 pm

vololiberista wrote:
It is a problem that some people have been having. So this is the current work around. It's obviously to do with the individual's set up. I have never had the problem but then I am using a version of Windows that works :lol:
So you are not using Windows? :)

Anyway, I had to disable skins, too.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:36 pm

ThomasAH wrote:
vololiberista wrote:
It is a problem that some people have been having. So this is the current work around. It's obviously to do with the individual's set up. I have never had the problem but then I am using a version of Windows that works :lol:
So you are not using Windows? :)

Anyway, I had to disable skins, too.
I am using Windows the most stable version!! XP

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:13 pm

I sometimes almost decide to ditch Windows 7 (not that I don't love it, mostly, I do) for XP x64 simply so that I can reinstate the wonderful FSHotSFX AI sounds programme. It wasn't updated for Vista or Win7 and airports still sound so quiet without the AI reversers in the distance and so forth. If ONLY someone would create a similar programme for FS9 in Win7, but I guess the prospects of that are long gone.

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:24 pm

martinlest wrote:
I sometimes almost decide to ditch Windows 7 (not that I don't love it, mostly, I do) for XP x64 simply so that I can reinstate the wonderful FSHotSFX AI sounds programme. It wasn't updated for Vista or Win7 and airports still sound so quiet without the AI reversers in the distance and so forth. If ONLY someone would create a similar programme for FS9 in Win7, but I guess the prospects of that are long gone.
That's why I added a few of my own. Here Your mission is to identify the aircraft flying overhead during the fuel uplift.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 4  [ 37 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Jump to: