OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Little suggestion for interface (or do I have a problem?)

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 4  [ 37 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 4 »
martinlest
Post subject: Little suggestion for interface (or do I have a problem?)
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:26 pm

I have only just bought PF3, but the interface is pretty familiar (though improved) from PFE, so could I make a little suggestion which could perhaps feature in a later update?

If I load a flight plan in the main PF3 window and then go to Options #1 to set the voices and airline etc., when I go back to the main window, the flight plan has been unloaded and I have to find it again (I have about 2000 to scroll down). That happened too in PFE but there was a button with which you were able to choose the most recent flight plan (well, "adventure") - but that's not an option in PF3.

Unfortunately (or is this a bug in my installation?), if I choose the options before choosing a flight plan and then click on 'close' in the options #1 window, the whole programme shuts down. That didn't happen in PFE. It would be nice if PF3 stayed running when you close options with no flight plan chosen first!

If no one else's PF3 does this, what might be the problem with my setup?

Thanks.

Martin

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: Little suggestion for interface (or do I have a problem?
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:43 pm

martinlest wrote:
I have only just bought PF3, but the interface is pretty familiar (though improved) from PFE, so could I make a little suggestion which could perhaps feature in a later update?

If I load a flight plan in the main PF3 window and then go to Options #1 to set the voices and airline etc., when I go back to the main window, the flight plan has been unloaded and I have to find it again (I have about 2000 to scroll down). That happened too in PFE but there was a button with which you were able to choose the most recent flight plan (well, "adventure") - but that's not an option in PF3.

Unfortunately (or is this a bug in my installation?), if I choose the options before choosing a flight plan and then click on 'close' in the options #1 window, the whole programme shuts down. That didn't happen in PFE. It would be really good if PF3 stayed running when you close options with no flight plan chosen first.. Possible? If no one else's PF3 does this, what might be the problem with my setup?

Thanks.

Martin
The best option is to select your fpl as the last option. Set everything up and then scroll down the list alphabetically to your fpl and adjust it as necessary. It is a little bit counterintuitive but all you need to do is re-select it otherwise. PF3 shutting down when you close options 1 suggests a setup error. Try selecting the default skin.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:48 pm

Hi.. I need to troubleshoot this because now, the whole programme closes down whenever I close the Options #1 window, whether I have a flight plan selected or not. I didn't get that in the demo.

Changing the skin to default or whatever doesn't help I'm afraid. There doesn't seem a problem with the Options #2 window, but closing Options #1 shuts down PF3 every time.

Last edited by martinlest on Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:50 pm

As suggested above, try the default skin. This has occasionally been reported by other users.

Edit: Or perhaps disabling skins entirely (Advanced Options).

Last edited by Dan77 on Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:52 pm

I have, as per edited post above: no improvement I'm afraid.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:07 am
Site Admin

Have you disabled skins completely?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:12 am

Hi,

I just wanted to say that sometimes when I set options and click close to go back to the main menu I get the Windows "program not responding" in a popup window. If I click close, it then reappears I click close and PF3 shuts down.

I'm still using the latest demo version, I thought I would just feedback my information.

Rob

Ps I have not played with any skins, just installed and started using.

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:42 am

helix1250 wrote:
Hi,

I just wanted to say that sometimes when I set options and click close to go back to the main menu I get the Windows "program not responding" in a popup window. If I click close, it then reappears I click close and PF3 shuts down.

I'm still using the latest demo version, I thought I would just feedback my information.

Rob

Ps I have not played with any skins, just installed and started using.
Do you get an error message from PF3? Select the default skin and try again. If it continues then make a note of everything that happens and any messages and post them here.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:09 am

I haven't had the same problem as Rob. I tried turning off skins completely after posting above, and now PF3 stays open when I close the options #1 menu. A pity as some of the skins are quite nice - but that's no big deal for now, I suppose it will be fixed at some stage in the future.

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:16 am

martinlest wrote:
I haven't had the same problem as Rob. I tried turning off skins completely after posting above, and now PF3 stays open when I close the options #1 menu. A pity as some of the skins are quite nice - but that's no big deal for now, I suppose it will be fixed at some stage in the future.
It is a problem that some people have been having. So this is the current work around. It's obviously to do with the individual's set up. I have never had the problem but then I am using a version of Windows that works :lol:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 4  [ 37 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 3 4 »
Jump to: