OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Little suggestion for interface (or do I have a problem?)

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 4 of 4  [ 37 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: Little suggestion for interface (or do I have a problem?
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:36 pm

EGGW requires you to enter the runway and taxi to one end and turn for take-off. So your afcad must have a runway link that turns at the turning points. Also EGGW has three runway entry points so there is a risk of you being given an entry point further down the runway. So a combination of this might cause TGS to give incorrect information. Also check taxiway Alpha. I have two taxiway alphas. There should only be one. So one needs to be deleted and the other extended.

Taxiway Alpha passes through the main apron and becomes Taxiway Echo. I might suggest breaking the link there. For rwy 08 you should have "Taxi via Alpha, Bravo."

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:45 pm

My AFCAD only has only one taxiway alpha (Eiresim EGWW).. BUT, although AFCAD2 says 'no errors', there is a blinding one that, now I look closely at every taxiway, jumps out a mile - why didn't I see it before? Some of the taxiway links have been saved as runway links, and pretty close to where TGS says there is a runway, so that is clearly the problem. Shame on you Eiresim.

There is also a strange mix of taxiway and apron links (not that that will make any difference to this current issue), so I need to edit the AFCAD... I am sure all will be OK afterwards (I'll try another flight tomorrow from Luton).

Thanks for the input on this!!

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:03 am

martinlest wrote:
My AFCAD only has only one taxiway alpha (Eiresim EGWW).. BUT, although AFCAD2 says 'no errors', there is a blinding one that, now I look closely at every taxiway, jumps out a mile - why didn't I see it before? Some of the taxiway links have been saved as runway links, and pretty close to where TGS says there is a runway, so that is clearly the problem. Shame on you Eiresim.

There is also a strange mix of taxiway and apron links (not that that will make any difference to this current issue), so I need to edit the AFCAD... I am sure all will be OK afterwards (I'll try another flight tomorrow from Luton).

Thanks for the input on this!!
I do have a somewhat similar problem with LIPZ. Done by ISD. If ever it is necessary to taxi to rwy 22L the TGS just bugs out with confusion. The weather in Venezia means that taxiing to rwy 22L is a very rare event so I haven't bothered to do much to the afcad file except change the rwy 04L-22R to a taxiway which works nicely.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:18 pm
Site Admin

martinlest wrote:
Fixed the designators, ran MakeRunways, ran the PF3 database updater, but at the Eiresim Luton EGGW scenery, TGS still tells me I have reached runway 8 just before I pass gate 3. I paused FS9 immediately and took notes - TGS (audio, the in-cockpit gauge - still working - and the FSUIPC display window that pops up), tells me I am at the holding point at co-ordinates N51 52.66 W0 22.76 (W51.8777 W0.3793).

The entry in my runways.csv for EGGW Runway 08 is 51.871273 -0.382897, which, when I look at the AFCAD, is exactly where the start location is. Same co-ordinates for the default FS9 airport as well. ATC sends AI traffic to the correct location too...

So if TGS is getting its data from MakeRunways.csv, why, I venture to ask, is it saying I am at the runway at a location quite different from that in the csv file?
TGS doesn't guide you to the end of the runway it guides you to the holding point as defined in the Taxiways or Taxilink data files, all of which is taken from the Runways.TXT file which is created by MakeRwys

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:44 pm

I still had the same problem on my last flight from EGGW so looked yet again at the AFCAD. I found that some of the taxiways taxiways near the apron had actually been designated as full-blown runways, so instead of just 08/26, there were three other runways as well showing up in the AFCAD2 list of runways. Why Eiresim would do that is beyond me (their forum seems dead so I shan't bother to ask!); I can't think how it was just a 'mistake'.

I think all should be OK now that I have changed the runways to taxi links, so back to Luton once again tomorrow I suppose to make sure....

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:01 pm

martinlest wrote:
I still had the same problem on my last flight from EGGW so looked yet again at the AFCAD. I found that some of the taxiways taxiways near the apron had actually been designated as full-blown runways, so instead of just 08/26, there were three other runways as well showing up in the AFCAD2 list of runways. Why Eiresim would do that is beyond me (their forum seems dead so I shan't bother to ask!); I can't think how it was just a 'mistake'.

I think all should be OK now that I have changed the runways to taxi links, so back to Luton once again tomorrow I suppose to make sure....
Hope you didn't have to pay for that. The afcad sounds a load of rubbish. you'd do better to look for an afcad in the avsim library.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:18 am

The airport itself is pretty nice, but the newer (UK2000?) version seems to be preferred.. having paid for this version and for AES credits there I am not going to change it though. When I bought it, I think it was the only payware version available. Eiresim have made a nice Dublin, EIDW, which I had bought prior to the Luton scenery.

I didn't see any AFCADs in the library, but now I've changed this one I think it should be fit for purpose..

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 4 of 4  [ 37 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4
Jump to: