OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
martinlest
Post subject: Feedback: three issues encountered after flying demo
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:05 am

Hi. Mostly the first flight I tried with the PF3 demo went well, but would just like to indicate:

1. There seem to be a lot of COMM frequencies missing - everything apart from ATIS, Tower & Departure is shown as 000.00 at all the airports I tried. I flew EGLC to EGGD but after landing I was unable to contact ground as PF3 did not recognise the ground frequency for the airport (which PFE always did).
2. All the log files are 'gobbledygook', just a string of symbols and letters - is that intentional in PF3?
3. Remote text won't connect: I get 'Waiting for Connection' which never changes. I tried my PC name (local, not network), then the IP address (double checked OK). I see in one post that someone 'solved' this by uninstalling and re-installing the programme four times. Maybe a better fix will be found later?

I got a 'submit error report' screen on exiting PF3, so I sent off the email of course (nice feature!).

Are any of the above problems inherent in the demo version only? I did install the 'runtime' files, as per the FAQ, by the way... Bit worried about all the 000.00 COMM frequencies...

Martin

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: Feedback: three issues encountered after flying demo
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:56 am

martinlest wrote:
Hi. Mostly the first flight I tried with the PF3 demo went well, but would just like to indicate:

1. There seem to be a lot of COMM frequencies missing - everything apart from ATIS, Tower & Departure is shown as 000.00 at all the airports I tried. I flew EGLC to EGGD but after landing I was unable to contact ground as PF3 did not recognise the ground frequency for the airport (which PFE always did).
2. All the log files are 'gobbledygook', just a string of symbols and letters - is that intentional in PF3?
3. Remote text won't connect: I get 'Waiting for Connection' which never changes. I tried my PC name (local, not network), then the IP address (double checked OK). I see in one post that someone 'solved' this by uninstalling and re-installing the programme four times. Maybe a better fix will be found later?

I got a 'submit error report' screen on exiting PF3, so I sent off the email of course (nice feature!).

Are any of the above problems inherent in the demo version only? I did install the 'runtime' files, as per the FAQ, by the way... Bit worried about all the 000.00 COMM frequencies...

Martin
1.Comm frequencies are based on what makerwys.exe finds. So you need to update that first. An in any case in PF3 (not in PFE) you can add missing frequences if need be.

2. Yes that's intentional.

3. You'll find references to that elsewhere in this forum.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:11 am

Thanks..

1. My MakeRunways file is up to date, but I didn't update the PF3 database! My (stupid) error, sorry. No doubt when I do that things will be fine (as they are in PFE).
2. Pity, they were useful and I was sometimes able to sort out problems by looking at the log file without bothering guys on the forums. Now they are incomprehensible of course. :(
3. I didn't find any solution other than people saying they uninstalled/reinstalled the programme multiple times. If you know of a thread with a solution, maybe you could kindly post the link, but I'll keep looking through the forum in any case of course. I'm not going to worry too much as long as I only have the demo. No doubt Remote Text can be got to work reliably in the full version...

Martin

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:19 pm
Site Admin

Hi Martin,

One obvious question regarding #3 is have you activated RemoteText in PF3 (Options #2, Advanced Options and INI File Tweaks) ?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:43 pm

Good question - no, I hadn't! Now I have, and all is fine. Thank you Dave!

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: