OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

ILS frequency

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 3  [ 21 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 »
Rustydog
Post subject: ILS frequency
Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:28 pm

I'm told by ATC to expect vectors for ILS runway whichever but never receive the frequency. In PFE this was automatically tuned, is this not the case with PF3. I always tune manually now which isn't a problem just curious. Also probably because of this, during approach using FDC, the correct missed approach heading is not entered and again I do it manually. Which I'll be honest can be a handful with my flying. :lol: Regards Steve

Attachments
Logs.rar
(224.73 KiB) Downloaded 169 times

Flying Daily, sometimes twice.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: ILS frequency
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:38 pm
Site Admin

It still works the same but you need yout VCP set to #3 and you have yours set to #2 :D

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Rustydog
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:59 pm

dmarch wrote:
It still works the same but you need yout VCP set to #3 and you have yours set to #2 :D
Hi Dave, Thanks for the response. I thought #3 was for the CP to do the flying as well as handling the comms. I only want him/her to handle comms. I like to 'fly' myself.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:39 pm
Site Admin

Rustydog wrote:
dmarch wrote:
Hi Dave, Thanks for the response. I thought #3 was for the CP to do the flying as well as handling the comms. I only want him/her to handle comms. I like to 'fly' myself.
Well I considered setting NAV1 with ILS data to be part of 'flying the aircraft' but as I said earlier, this is exactly as it was in PFE :shock:

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:04 pm

Rustydog wrote:
dmarch wrote:
If you are using VCP mode#3 and flying into LOWI rwy 08 from RTT you are using the rwy26 facility but becuase you are using VCP mode#3 the frequency will change to that of rwy08(it being the active rwy). In that case you have to use VCP mode#2 and the frequency will stay as you set it.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Rustydog
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:06 pm

dmarch wrote:
Rustydog wrote:
dmarch wrote:
Well I considered setting NAV1 with ILS data to be part of 'flying the aircraft' but as I said earlier, this is exactly as it was in PFE :shock:
Well now I am confused because I have been using PFE for a long time and it was/is set on Mode 2. When ATC announces expect ILS the nav radio changes to the ILS frequency. FDC then sets heading bug to the runway heading once established ready for a missed approach. So is it PFE or is it FDC that changes the nav radio frequency. Thanks for the help Dave. I do like to know what does what and why. Bit of a failing of mine sometimes I'm afraid. Kindest regards Steve

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:08 pm
Site Admin

Rustydog wrote:
Well now I am confused because I have been using PFE for a long time and it was/is set on Mode 2.
Well you were right! :o I just double checked and sure enough I changed this feature in PF3 to move setting the NAV Freq to VCP mode #3... I've now moved it back to mode #2 and it will be in the next maintenance release.

Thanks for the heads up

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:09 pm

dmarch wrote:
Rustydog wrote:
Well now I am confused because I have been using PFE for a long time and it was/is set on Mode 2.
Well you were right! :o I just double checked and sure enough I changed this feature in PF3 to move setting the NAV Freq to VCP mode #3... I've now moved it back to mode #2 and it will be in the next maintenance release.

Thanks for the heads up
Dave,
Does this mean If someone has mode #2 set and is flying into LOWI for example with NAV1 tuned to rwy26 it changes to the frequency for rwy08 if that is the active runway? That was a reported bug during the Beta.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:12 pm
Site Admin

Yes it will but it will only do it the once, which is the problem I believe you are referring to. Currently the VCP will not change the NAV freq unless you have it switched to mode #3, whereas in PFE it would do it in mode #2 (and above obviously). The new release will have it working the same as it did in PFE.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Rustydog
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:18 pm

dmarch wrote:
Rustydog wrote:

Thanks for the heads up
Wow... that's a relief I thought I was making myself look daft (not uncommon) :oops: . Thanks for that Dave. ;)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 3  [ 21 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 3 »
Jump to: