OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

ILS frequency

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 3  [ 21 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 »
ThomasAH
Post subject: Re: ILS frequency
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:47 am

dmarch wrote:
Rustydog wrote:
Well now I am confused because I have been using PFE for a long time and it was/is set on Mode 2.
Well you were right! :o I just double checked and sure enough I changed this feature in PF3 to move setting the NAV Freq to VCP mode #3... I've now moved it back to mode #2 and it will be in the next maintenance release.
Noooooooooooo.....
As vololiberista pointed out, too: It was a bug (or too much feature :)) that PFE did this in VCP mode 2, so we agreed to only do that in VCP mode 3.
...ooooooooooo!

But I can understand that people want this feature.
Something like this is available as a separate program (at no cost) at http://www.fs2000.org/2014/08/14/fsxpre ... s-utility/
Or add it as an option, independent of VCP mode.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:01 pm
Site Admin

ThomasAH wrote:
dmarch wrote:
Rustydog wrote:
Well now I am confused because I have been using PFE for a long time and it was/is set on Mode 2.
Well you were right! :o I just double checked and sure enough I changed this feature in PF3 to move setting the NAV Freq to VCP mode #3... I've now moved it back to mode #2 and it will be in the next maintenance release.
Noooooooooooo.....
As vololiberista pointed out, too: It was a bug (or too much feature :)) that PFE did this in VCP mode 2, so we agreed to only do that in VCP mode 3.
...ooooooooooo!

But I can understand that people want this feature.
Something like this is available as a separate program (at no cost) at http://www.fs2000.org/2014/08/14/fsxpre ... s-utility/
Or add it as an option, independent of VCP mode.
Well it's a fine line isn't it. VCP mode #3 is really for AP settings and mode #2 for radios and the Nav frequency falls somewhere between. :)

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:19 pm

Yes but if I set a NAV frequency and the PO changes it and I have to change it back then he's out the window! VCP mode#2 worked ok in PFE. You changed it during the Beta "We screamed" :lol: and you changed it back. So now I'm confused too!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:23 pm

vololiberista wrote:
Yes but if I set a NAV frequency and the PO changes it and I have to change it back then he's out the window! VCP mode#2 worked ok in PFE. You changed it during the Beta "We screamed" :lol: and you changed it back. So now I'm confused too!
I would also vote for that feature being limited to VCP mode 3. Or to make it optional.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:50 pm
Site Admin

vololiberista wrote:
The fix puts it back to how it was in PFE

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:16 pm

dmarch wrote:
vololiberista wrote:
There is a trapdoor under my PO's seat if he ever does it again :twisted: :evil:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:23 pm

dmarch wrote:
vololiberista wrote:
I no longer remember how it was in PFE.
I first noticed it in PF3 beta (maybe because I was looking for issues), but did not know if this is caused by PF3 or something else I have running, and since it was just confusing, but now real problem for me, I did not report it.
Then vololiberista reported it, because it causes him trouble, so we decided to remove it, whatever the behaviour in PFE was.

It is more consistent this way, so please let's keep this consistent behaviour for VCP mode 2 by default. It does not enter the other nav frequencies (when flying VOR to VOR) either, so it should not do it here, unless the user explicitly says so (VCP mode 3 or a new option)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Rustydog
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:08 pm

As the instigator of this thread I feel really bad now. :shock: For my two pennoth I am happy to leave it as it is
(now I realize how it should be and what to change to allow my copilot to set the missed approach heading for me). For me all is good. :D

Flying Daily, sometimes twice.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:28 pm
Site Admin

I've added another option to keep everyone smiling :D

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:37 pm

Rustydog wrote:
As the instigator of this thread I feel really bad now. :shock: For my two pennoth I am happy to leave it as it is
(now I realize how it should be and what to change to allow my copilot to set the missed approach heading for me). For me all is good. :D
No you did the right thing to report what you see as an anomaly. Quite often one change affects something else down the line and consequences can often be missed. Dave doesn't mind all the headaches we give him! Well he does :lol: he's just very polite about it!!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 3  [ 21 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 »
Jump to: