OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Selected Flightplan Frequency Problems!

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
rhodges
Post subject: Selected Flightplan Frequency Problems!
Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:02 pm

I am finding that after I originate a new flight plan for PF3, then select that flight in the "select a flight plan" option, that the frequency popup will display the frequencies for the departure airport of the previous last flight I made which of course are the wrong frequencies for KRIC. The only way I can get rid of it is to delete the KFLL flight in my Flight Simulator X folder. Example below:

The last flight I made was from KFLL to MSLP. No problem.

I just originated a flight plan from KRIC to KATL
I select that flight in PF3
The frequencies displayed are still for KFLL, not KRIC
I delete the KFLL to MSLP flight plan in My Documents > Flight Simulator X Files
The PF3 frequency window now displays the frequencies for KRIC.

Surely PF3 does not require having only the current desired flight stored in the FSX Files.

I have reviewed the manual, and searched this forum and am overlooking the solution for what I am doing wrong.

RTH

Profile Quote
KevinJH
Post subject: Re: Selected Flightplan Frequency Problems!
Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:47 pm

Sounds silly, but did you refresh the display ? By clicking on 'Briefing' say, twice, this'll clear out the old data on the kneeboard and show you all the new available frequencies. ;)

All the best, Kevin

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:53 pm
Site Admin

rhodges wrote:
I am finding that after I originate a new flight plan for PF3, then select that flight in the "select a flight plan" option, that the frequency popup will display the frequencies for the departure airport of the previous last flight I made which of course are the wrong frequencies for KRIC. The only way I can get rid of it is to delete the KFLL flight in my Flight Simulator X folder. Example below:

The last flight I made was from KFLL to MSLP. No problem.

I just originated a flight plan from KRIC to KATL
I select that flight in PF3
The frequencies displayed are still for KFLL, not KRIC
I delete the KFLL to MSLP flight plan in My Documents > Flight Simulator X Files
The PF3 frequency window now displays the frequencies for KRIC.

Surely PF3 does not require having only the current desired flight stored in the FSX Files.

I have reviewed the manual, and searched this forum and am overlooking the solution for what I am doing wrong.

RTH
You probably need to ensure the kneeboard is not currently displayed when selecting a new flight plan in PF3, otherwise we will not be able to write to the kneeboard file.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
rhodges
Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:53 pm

Thanks Dave:

Looks like that was my problem. When I cycle Shift + F10, the problem goes away and I can display the correct frequencies. Otherwise, even if I close the display, the previous frequencies apparently are saved. I even shut down everything and the last frequencies were still there when I restart FSX and PF3 and then select a new flight plan.. Simply pressing Shift + 10 twice updates to the correct frequencies.

I love the new PF3, but of course loved the old original PFE/PF2000 version as well.

Thanks again:
RTH

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: