OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3 and accelerated sim rate

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
RALF9636
Post subject: PF3 and accelerated sim rate
Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:24 pm

dmarch wrote:
As for using accelerated sim rate I'm afraid I don't support its use at all. If you do use it you need to reset it before reaching the next waypoint to allow PF3 to play 'catch-up'. If you don't want to sit staring at your screen on long haul flights it is probably best to use PF3's Warp feature or get another job with shorter trips :lol:
I am a little sorry you can't support accelerated sim time. This seems to remain my only significant issue with this great software. In particular looking at the unique oceanic procedures PF3 offers, it is just predestined for long haul flights. So accelerated time should be an option imho.
The warp feature is not an option for me not alone because I'm afraid it would ruin my FSCaptain flights.

Accepting this limitation I'm going to try to find a procedure to still use accelerated time with PF3. It would be helpful if you could explain a little more why PF3 does not work correctly with accelerated time.

Would it be sufficient to reset the sim time to 1x about 5nm before reaching each waypoint and increase it again (I never go beyond 4x) after passing the waypoint? If it is, couldn't you make PF3 automatize this by setting the sim time to 1x shortly before each waypoint and increase it again after passing the waypoint? OpusFSI for example does exactly this when injecting new weather, so it should be principally possible.

Another idea might be to request a direct to the waypoint where the accelerated time phase is proposed to end - before starting to accelerate the sim rate. Would that work with PF3 or would there still be problems with XXX-waypoints? Would it be possible to still follow the full flightplan even if cleared direct to a further waypoint? Or would PF3 nag because being off track?

Thank you very much!

Regards

Ralf

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: PF3 and accelerated sim rate
Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:05 am

RALF9636 wrote:
dmarch wrote:
As for using accelerated sim rate I'm afraid I don't support its use at all. If you do use it you need to reset it before reaching the next waypoint to allow PF3 to play 'catch-up'. If you don't want to sit staring at your screen on long haul flights it is probably best to use PF3's Warp feature or get another job with shorter trips :lol:
I am a little sorry you can't support accelerated sim time. This seems to remain my only significant issue with this great software. In particular looking at the unique oceanic procedures PF3 offers, it is just predestined for long haul flights. So accelerated time should be an option imho.
The warp feature is not an option for me not alone because I'm afraid it would ruin my FSCaptain flights.

Accepting this limitation I'm going to try to find a procedure to still use accelerated time with PF3. It would be helpful if you could explain a little more why PF3 does not work correctly with accelerated time.

Would it be sufficient to reset the sim time to 1x about 5nm before reaching each waypoint and increase it again (I never go beyond 4x) after passing the waypoint? If it is, couldn't you make PF3 automatize this by setting the sim time to 1x shortly before each waypoint and increase it again after passing the waypoint? OpusFSI for example does exactly this when injecting new weather, so it should be principally possible.

Another idea might be to request a direct to the waypoint where the accelerated time phase is proposed to end - before starting to accelerate the sim rate. Would that work with PF3 or would there still be problems with XXX-waypoints? Would it be possible to still follow the full flightplan even if cleared direct to a further waypoint? Or would PF3 nag because being off track?

Thank you very much!

Regards

Ralf
There's lots of stuff that doesn't like accelerated time. For example CIVA INS above x2 won't work properly.
Try experimenting with a short flightplan and PF3's warp feature and see howthat goes.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:30 am
Site Admin

Quote:
I am a little sorry you can't support accelerated sim time.
I didn't say I can't support it I said I don't support it. You may get lucky and have no problems when using accelerated sim rate but I can't guarantee that and I won't be spending any of my time trying to work out why something went wrong or PF3 didn't react the way it should when using that feature. Use it by all means but I would rather spend my time adding more realistic features. Sorry.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:20 pm

dmarch wrote:
Quote:
I am a little sorry you can't support accelerated sim time.
I didn't say I can't support it I said I don't support it. You may get lucky and have no problems when using accelerated sim rate but I can't guarantee that and I won't be spending any of my time trying to work out why something went wrong or PF3 didn't react the way it should when using that feature. Use it by all means but I would rather spend my time adding more realistic features. Sorry.
Got your point. After all I cannot disagree. Maybe I really should look for a job with shorter trips. ;) Or try and explain to my family that using accelerated time really is an unrealistic feature. :)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
matthiasmjf
Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:16 am

Hi!

I haven´t had any issues with acceleration up to 16x. PF3 just misses waypoints sometimes but that is a sort of non-issue since you can always request direct-to clearances to catch up to your next waypoint. Works fine for me

Best

Matthias

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:22 am
Site Admin

There you go! :D

Thanks for the info

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:17 pm

matthiasmjf wrote:
Hi!

I haven´t had any issues with acceleration up to 16x. PF3 just misses waypoints sometimes but that is a sort of non-issue since you can always request direct-to clearances to catch up to your next waypoint. Works fine for me

Best

Matthias
That's what I do also. But you have to do it before you close in to your destination otherwise the descent and handoff to approach might not work properly.
How do you check if PF3 is keeping up with the actual waypoint? Is there another way than requesting a direct and see which waypoint PF3 offers?

I also tried to request a direct to the proposed end of my accelerated time phase before accelerating the sim rate. That worked fine apart from the fact that I was handed off to the Center for that waypoint right away. In my case (KATL-KSEA) Seattle Center east of Memphis. Since that happened before I accelerated the sim rate, it might be something to look into. Please let me know if you want me to post the log.

After all accelerated sim rate is usable with PF3 as long as you regularly check if PF3 is keeping up with the current waypoint and request a direct if not.

Regards
Ralf

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Ashun
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:12 pm

I use PMDG 777 acceleration with PFE very comfortably without any problems. Has PF3 changed from PFE in this respect?

Ash nerurkar

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:15 pm
Site Admin

Ashun wrote:
I use PMDG 777 acceleration with PFE very comfortably without any problems. Has PF3 changed from PFE in this respect?

Ash nerurkar
No it hasn't changed... we have never specifically supported acceleration and simply emphasis that (a) it should work (b) we have never tested it (c) we don't support it (d) if you report a problem and it shows you were using acceleration we won't investigate further. :D

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: