OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Loving this software ... my experience so far ...

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Simjockey
Post subject: Loving this software ... my experience so far ...
Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:09 pm

Hi Dave, thought I'd just let you know ...

I'm not one to generally share my thoughts on forums but thought you deserved the praise in a kinda public way.

I had some teething issues and couldn't quite get the hang of it but didn't regret buying the software to help support it ...

1 I couldn't hear my pilot's voice nor controller - you sorted that instantly - my not selecting pilot/airline
2 I couldn't get the 'roger' key to work but noticed someone saying that \ or Shft/CTRL \ sometimes didn't work so changed to the space bar - sorted. Now here is the strange (but v good thing) - I have PF3 on my networked PC, but my Goflight ATC module on the Sim PC happily sends the correct 0-9 keys as if by magic - that was a surprise! Also, not being clear which space bar would work - Sim PC or network PC (with PF3 installed), I thought I'd try my luck and setup a keypress thing through PSUIPC on another Goflight module on the Sim PC (setting the button to activate the spacebar button) - it worked. Not only that but the taxi guide also came alive to give me directions on the ground!
3 I had one experience where PF3 changed the runway and I ended up with a 23kt tailwind! so I ignored the last two changed-runway-on-approach instructions and ended up with small tailwinds in each case so PF3 had it right 2 out of 3!
4 The last flight had me established on the ILS (I hadn't yet been switched to Twr but I captured the ILS miles out so pressed the APRCH button on the AP and let the aircraft shoot the ILS). PF3 for some reason wanted to vector me off the ILS so I requested approach at my discretion and the controller handed me over to TWR at that point. I'm not sure why the vector was issued, but I was reminded that I'm still the captain so I selected an appropriate request to continue the approach (no other traffic around) and received it.
5 The voices - I love the variety of voices - a real aid to immersion. Some are a bit robotic but not enough to detract from the experience and most are great! The radio sounds are also v good and aids the immersion too.

All in all - I'm really happy with your ATC program and am waiting on the Multi Crew Experience bods to get their update out so I can try communicating with PF3 by voice.

Keep up the good work.
Paul.

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Post subject: Re: Loving this software ... my experience so far ...
Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:20 pm

Thank you for the kind words and details about problems and solutions :)
Simjockey wrote:
5 The voices - I love the variety of voices - a real aid to immersion. Some are a bit robotic but not enough to detract from the experience and most are great! The radio sounds are also v good and aids the immersion too.

All in all - I'm really happy with your ATC program and am waiting on the Multi Crew Experience bods to get their update out so I can try communicating with PF3 by voice.
I have excluded the voices I don't like and enabled others for the regions I fly to have more variety.
Regarding MCE: There is a patch, either somewhere here, or on Avsim, so you can already use it!

Edit: I mixed it up, there is a patched version of PFEtoXPlane available from multicrewxp.com:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1785#p9742

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Loving this software ... my experience so far ...
Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:50 pm
Site Admin

Thank you Paul for your kind words and for taking the time to write. Most people are quick to post negative thoughts and opinions, which is fine and they are entitled to do so, but not many take the time to say 'thanks' when things go to plan.

So thank you again, it is very much appreciated.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: