OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Unable to load any flightplan

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
basher11
Post subject: Unable to load any flightplan
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:22 pm

I just purchased PF3 today and I am unable to load any flight plans. I had the same issue with the demo but chucked it up to demo issues. Now with the purchase of the full product I need help to get it going. See attached screenshot for error messages. I have uninstalled and re-installed to no avail. Please help.

Attachments
[ attachment ]
Error1.jpg (70.98 KiB) Viewed 5075 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Unable to load any flightplan
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:36 pm
Site Admin

Firstly please zip and upload all the files from your PF3\Flight\FPP folder

Next please hit the Check for Updates button on the main menu to update to version 3.0.1, once complete hit it again to update to 3.0.2 (I haven't had time to combine them yet :shock: )

Now try another flight plan... if the error persists please double click to run the PF3_Register.exe program which you will find in your main PF3 folder.

Please let us know how you get on

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
basher11
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:57 pm

Dave, Thanks for the prompt response. I was on version 3.0.1 when the error occured and just upgraded to 3.0.2 and still getting the error. I also double clicked the PF3_Register.exe program although I don't know if anything happened as there was no window to show that it was running but I am still getting the error. I have attached a zip of my FPP folder for your review.

Attachments
Flight.zip
(1.72 KiB) Downloaded 227 times

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:18 pm

Check in your PF3 directories to see is there is a .zip file lurking that shouldn't be there. Your error ocurred during the beta and that was the reason.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:18 pm
Site Admin

This is the flight plan PF3 is trying to work with:

[flightplan]
AppVersion=.
title=
description=,
type=
routetype=0
cruising_altitude=
departure_id=,
departure_position=
destination_id=,
departure_name=
destination_name=

Strange to say the least!

Try deleting the files in your FPP folder then try another (valid) flight plan. It's quite possible you won't be able to delete these files and you will probably have to log off/on to clear the lock or at worse reboot the pc

Could you also send me the original flight plan please and let me know what flight planner you used.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
basher11
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:06 pm

I used http://onlineflightplanner.org/ to generate the plans. I deleted everything in the FPP folder and generated a new flight plan from the same website KJFK-KORD which I am including in the attached zip file with the original and I am still getting the same error.

Attachments
fltplns.zip
(2.06 KiB) Downloaded 234 times

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:34 am

basher11 wrote:
I used http://onlineflightplanner.org/ to generate the plans. I deleted everything in the FPP folder and generated a new flight plan from the same website KJFK-KORD which I am including in the attached zip file with the original and I am still getting the same error.
I use onlineflightplanner quite often and was able to recreate your fpls and load them into PF3 with no problem. What sim version are you using, FSX?

I suspect that there is an anomaly in your PF3 setup.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:05 am
Site Admin

Okay I've been able to recreate the problem. It appears the flight planner creates an FSX flight plan with no Line Feed/Carriage Return characters at the end of each line. In my case I was able to recreate your problem by first attempting to load the FP into PF3 and I received a FPP error message, which I just cancelled, then tried again. This time I received the File Locked message.

Generating FS9 FPs works fine so if you wish to use that flight planner you could generate plans for FS9 which I believe can still be loaded into FSX, but when you generate FSX plans they are output as XML files without the LF/CR characters.

So just to summarise for anyone else watching this thread.

PF3 DOES support FS( and FSX flight plans and handles XML files without any issues but this particular flight planner does not, in my opinion, output a correct format for XML files.

I'd certainly welcome any other thoughts or ideas on this subject.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:57 am

dmarch wrote:
Okay I've been able to recreate the problem. It appears the flight planner creates an FSX flight plan with no Line Feed/Carriage Return characters at the end of each line. In my case I was able to recreate your problem by first attempting to load the FP into PF3 and I received a FPP error message, which I just cancelled, then tried again. This time I received the File Locked message.

Generating FS9 FPs works fine so if you wish to use that flight planner you could generate plans for FS9 which I believe can still be loaded into FSX, but when you generate FSX plans they are output as XML files without the LF/CR characters.

So just to summarise for anyone else watching this thread.

PF3 DOES support FS( and FSX flight plans and handles XML files without any issues but this particular flight planner does not, in my opinion, output a correct format for XML files.

I'd certainly welcome any other thoughts or ideas on this subject.
I did wonder when I looked at his fpl Dave. I thought it odd. That site is used a lot so I presume that FSX reads the output correctly. Here's a trick that might work though that could be tried. First generate the fpl in "onlineflightplanner", load it into FSX, edit it and then resave it. Then try to load the version resaved by FSX into PF3.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:06 pm
Site Admin

vololiberista wrote:
I did wonder when I looked at his fpl Dave. I thought it odd. That site is used a lot so I presume that FSX reads the output correctly. Here's a trick that might work though that could be tried. First generate the fpl in "onlineflightplanner", load it into FSX, edit it and then resave it. Then try to load the version resaved by FSX into PF3.
Well I don't have FSX to hand so can't tell if it will load those plans. It's very strange though. FS9 plans are formatted okay, it's just the FSX ones.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: