OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Unable to load any flightplan

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: Unable to load any flightplan
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:11 pm

dmarch wrote:
vololiberista wrote:
I did wonder when I looked at his fpl Dave. I thought it odd. That site is used a lot so I presume that FSX reads the output correctly. Here's a trick that might work though that could be tried. First generate the fpl in "onlineflightplanner", load it into FSX, edit it and then resave it. Then try to load the version resaved by FSX into PF3.
Well I don't have FSX to hand so can't tell if it will load those plans. It's very strange though. FS9 plans are formatted okay, it's just the FSX ones.
I know with the FS9 plans there is always a space at the end of each line. Without that space PF3 won't read them. Must be something similar with FSX.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:50 pm

vololiberista wrote:
dmarch wrote:
vololiberista wrote:
I did wonder when I looked at his fpl Dave. I thought it odd. That site is used a lot so I presume that FSX reads the output correctly. Here's a trick that might work though that could be tried. First generate the fpl in "onlineflightplanner", load it into FSX, edit it and then resave it. Then try to load the version resaved by FSX into PF3.
Well I don't have FSX to hand so can't tell if it will load those plans. It's very strange though. FS9 plans are formatted okay, it's just the FSX ones.
I know with the FS9 plans there is always a space at the end of each line. Without that space PF3 won't read them. Must be something similar with FSX.
When I read them in notepad I see a square at the end of each ">" sign. I think this is a return character.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:19 pm
Site Admin

vololiberista wrote:
When I read them in notepad I see a square at the end of each ">" sign. I think this is a return character.
We should see x0D0A (carriage return + line feed) but it only has the later. All the FSX/XML flight plans I've received here all have the correct end-of-line characters in place so there's no problem.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
basher11
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:00 pm

Thanks for the troubleshooting, I will give the FS9 flightplans a go and see how that works out. By the way, I was able to load a flightlan created using a different flightplanner and that worked. The only error I got was that PF3 complained that my first waypoint was too close to the departure airport. Upon getting to the edit page though, I got a bunch of numbers and all zzzz in the edit boxes to the right. I was too sleepy to continue so I just shelved it for the night. I will try again with the FS9 flightplans and report back. Great work guys!

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:34 pm

basher11 wrote:
Thanks for the troubleshooting, I will give the FS9 flightplans a go and see how that works out. By the way, I was able to load a flightlan created using a different flightplanner and that worked. The only error I got was that PF3 complained that my first waypoint was too close to the departure airport. Upon getting to the edit page though, I got a bunch of numbers and all zzzz in the edit boxes to the right. I was too sleepy to continue so I just shelved it for the night. I will try again with the FS9 flightplans and report back. Great work guys!
Try running your fpls through FSX and getting FSX to re-generate them as it were. Then that should be ok for a work around for the moment. zzzzs certainly don't sound right though so try fs9. FS9 still rules btw! Almost all developers still prefer to use FS9 xml code even for P3D!! Regarding being nagged for having waypoints too close you can turn that off, Options #1 under misc options. It rarely affects the fpl.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
basher11
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:03 pm

Ok getting closer. I was able to load an FS9.pln from onlineplanner without an error but when I try to adjust SIDS/Altitudes I get the image in the attached. However, The flt. plan lists correctly if I click on the button to adjust Oceanic options. What gives?

Attachments
[ attachment ]
Z.jpg (212.92 KiB) Viewed 3486 times

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:29 pm

That looks weird! The fs9 fpls I download from that site all work correctly. So best attach a zip file of everytihng in your FPP directory and let Dave know your PF3 settings.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:29 pm

vololiberista wrote:
That looks weird! The fs9 fpls I download from that site all work correctly. So best attach a zip file of everything in your FPP directory and let Dave know your PF3 settings.
It does look like a test screen. Do any of your fpls work? From any source even FSX?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
basher11
Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:13 am

I used an FS9 flight plan and was able to load it and connect to FSX without error. I listened to ATIS, made contact with Ground and tried out a few other options. I will need to re-map my number keys as they are used for Ezdok. Apart from that everything else works as expected. I will check back in if I have any issues after going through an actual flight. Thanks for your prompt assistance.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: