OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Changing VCP mode while TGS is activated

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
RALF9636
Post subject: Changing VCP mode while TGS is activated
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:24 pm

Changing the VCP mode (ctrl-shift-v) seems not to work when TGS is activated. When pressing the hotkey there is no message about a mode change. Pressing the hotkey again when TGS has been deactivated then changes the VCP mode. So while TGS is activated the hotkey apparently has no function, not even "silently".

It is a little annoying because this is just the phase i'd like to change from VCP mode 1 to VCP mode 2.

This happens on every flight so I assume you can easily reproduce it. If not let me know, I will provide a log then.

Thank you.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Post subject: Re: Changing VCP mode while TGS is activated
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:32 pm

As long as the TGS is active, many things that usually happen, do not happen, so you can taxi in peace.
You can disable TGS and enable it again after changing VCP mode, would this be good enough for you?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:34 pm
Site Admin

That hotkey sequence should be available even when TGS is active so yes, I would like to see a log file please.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:54 pm

ThomasAH wrote:
As long as the TGS is active, many things that usually happen, do not happen, so you can taxi in peace.
You can disable TGS and enable it again after changing VCP mode, would this be good enough for you?
Sure, it's not a big deal. Didn't want to complain just help to iron out a little bug.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:58 pm

dmarch wrote:
That hotkey sequence should be available even when TGS is active so yes, I would like to see a log file please.
Here we go.

I changed the hotkey from ctrl-shift-v to ctrl-1. Does that make a difference?

When you look at the logs please also take a look at the end of the flight (hope this is ok without opening a new thread). I received some handoff and clearance messages that were repeated several times. I had used sim rate 4x before but was in sync with PF3 again by requesting a direct somewhere along the route. Might that be a cause for this behaviour?

Regards

Ralf

Attachments
Logs.zip
(729 KiB) Downloaded 186 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:48 pm
Site Admin

The VCP mode change hotkey was and does work whilst TGS is active, however, the message was suppressed to allow TGS to retain priority. I have now changed this to allow the VCP change messages to appear whilst TGS is active. This will be in the next maintenance release, due shortly.

I believe the repeating approach calls were covered in another post and have already been addressed.... also in the next maintenance release.

As for using accelerated sim rate I'm afraid I don't support its use at all. If you do use it you need to reset it before reaching the next waypoint to allow PF3 to play 'catch-up'. If you don't want to sit staring at your screen on long haul flights it is probably best to use PF3's Warp feature or get another job with shorter trips :lol:

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:57 pm

dmarch wrote:
The VCP mode change hotkey was and does work whilst TGS is active, however, the message was suppressed to allow TGS to retain priority. I have now changed this to allow the VCP change messages to appear whilst TGS is active. This will be in the next maintenance release, due shortly.
That's what I thought at first. I tested that several times and I am pretty sure I was in the same VCP mode as before after TGS became inactive even though I pressed the hotkey while TGS was active. But anyway, it's obsolete now. Thanks for fixing this.
dmarch wrote:
I believe the repeating approach calls were covered in another post and have already been addressed.... also in the next maintenance release.
Correct. I opened a new thread on this after it had happened several times. Glad you fixed it.
dmarch wrote:
As for using accelerated sim rate I'm afraid I don't support its use at all. If you do use it you need to reset it before reaching the next waypoint to allow PF3 to play 'catch-up'. If you don't want to sit staring at your screen on long haul flights it is probably best to use PF3's Warp feature or get another job with shorter trips :lol:
I'm going to open a new thread on this topic so it does not get lost here.

Thank you so much for the great support!

Ralf

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: