OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

communication log

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
johnan
Post subject: communication log
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:49 pm

I have searched for this topic and tried to find it in the manual, but failed...I expect it is in there but I couldn't find it!

I know a window can be displayed showing the previous instructions given by ATC, which I find useful in these sort of ATC programs, in case you miss one, or asking for ATC to repeat the previous message does not give the results you need.

I found the window by chance but have no idea what key(s) I may have pressed to get it to show up.

Can someone please tell me what I need to do to to show the ATC comms log?

Thanks and sorry if it is a daft question.

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: communication log
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:04 pm

Not a daft question at all. Select Options #2 on the PF3 main screen, then select Advanced Options. The settings are in the ATC Log / Say Again section. Hover your mouse over the question mark to see a description of the options, and see also the Advanced Options and INI File Tweaks section in the manual (I think around page 68).

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
flyblueskies
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:13 pm

johnan wrote:
I have searched for this topic and tried to find it in the manual, but failed...I expect it is in there but I couldn't find it!

I know a window can be displayed showing the previous instructions given by ATC, which I find useful in these sort of ATC programs, in case you miss one, or asking for ATC to repeat the previous message does not give the results you need.

I found the window by chance but have no idea what key(s) I may have pressed to get it to show up.

Can someone please tell me what I need to do to to show the ATC comms log?

Thanks and sorry if it is a daft question.
Press the CONTROL + SHIFT + = (equal key) at the same time. This displays the ATC log if options are set per post just above.

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:44 pm

flyblueskies wrote:
Press the CONTROL + SHIFT + = (equal key) at the same time. This displays the ATC log if options are set per post just above.
Additional note: Since I use this quite often, I mapped it to the "*" key of the numeric keypad :)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
johnan
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:45 pm

Thanks to you all very much, that solves that one.

This is a very well thought out application, and I am continually being impressed by it and the level of helpful support on offer.

Thanks again!

Profile Quote
drumsart
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:39 pm

...and there is an option to got it : "Show Log On Connect" in Advanced Options and INI File Tweaks.

At this subject do you think it will be possible someday to have a gauge for this window like the taxi window (I fly in full screen mode) ? Thank you.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:54 pm

drumsart wrote:
At this subject do you think it will be possible someday to have a gauge for this window like the taxi window (I fly in full screen mode) ? Thank you.
There is the "remote text" option, with that you can run a program displaying the text on a different computer. The implementation is not too complicated, so I have written a small python script with the basic functionality that I can run on my Amazon Kindle :)

I am thinking about implementing it in LUA so I can use a separate FSUIPC window for this, which would solve the fullscreen problem, but in my first tries I ran into a bug regarding Windows sockets. I'll report in this forum when I make progress.

Edit: for the python script, see here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1657&p=8551#p8551

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: