OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3 First Flight - A Disaster (Part 2)

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
pschlute
Post subject: Re: PF3 First Flight - A Disaster (Part 2)
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:50 pm

The OP might have had greater success if he had used a sensible filed flight level in his plan. FL200 or 220 is what aircraft fly that route at.

Peter

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:24 pm

pschlute wrote:
The OP might have had greater success if he had used a sensible filed flight level in his plan. FL200 or 220 is what aircraft fly that route at.
"I can't get my fpl to work. It doesn't do as expected. Is it me, or my fpl? help and guidance needed, thanks" Instead we got an essay on how to flame!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
pschlute
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:41 am

Well I gave this flight a go.

I would not try a flightplan that had a first waypoint as the start of a STAR (that is asking for trouble) so I added CRI (part of the KENNEDY3 departure) as my first waypoint.

I then used a sensible FL ...FL200

I added more of the HYPER6 STAR waypoints to the plan and added the altitude constraints. I selected RBV as the start of my STAR.

I took off, reached RBV at FL200, received STAR instructions at RBV, further descent instructions in line with the STAR constraints, and on reaching HYPER at 10,000 feet received approach vectors which is exactly what I had expected to happen.

I hope this is of use to any new users of PF3.

Attachments
[ attachment ]
Untitled.png (137.49 KiB) Viewed 2953 times

Peter

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:20 am

So PF3 is not full of bugs then! I never thought so. It was always the fpl structure. If the OP dares to show his face on this forum again he should make a very public apology!!!!!!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:30 am

vololiberista wrote:
So PF3 is not full of bugs then! I never thought so. It was always the fpl structure. If the OP dares to show his face on this forum again he should make a very public apology!!!!!!
Please calm down a bit ... I wouldn't expect anyone to react to such a line in a useful way.

If PF3 does not cope with such flight plans (either by working around the problems, or by rejecting them), then PF3 could be improved here.
The only problem with the request was the tone in the original post.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:36 am

ThomasAH wrote:
vololiberista wrote:
Please calm down a bit ... I wouldn't expect anyone to react to such a line in a useful way.

If PF3 does not cope with such flight plans (either by working around the problems, or by rejecting them), then PF3 could be improved here.
The only problem with the request was the tone in the original post.
Thomas, The OP had no right to behave as he did on the developer's own forum! It was extremely discourteous and he was incorrect in his assumptions.

The golden rule for computer programmes is well known. "Garbage in - garbage out!" I have never seen any computer programme that produces a perfect result when given garbage. Having said that PF3 actually does come up quite often with a "workable" solution given a trash fpl. To get a result that matches or closely matches the real thing though often requires a little tweaking here and there and with PF3 you do get there with ease I might say!

Working with Dave as we both have, we both know his focus is to always improve on what he has done. He's quick to respond with fixes when they are needed and he has always been open to sugestion. not the "nudge nudge, wink wink" type though :lol: (probably!!)

When you see other forums where developers have 'given up' or simply don't respond to requests for help even, one recognises how good PF3 is now and how it may develope in the future.

People want different things from different ATC programs. PF3 is flexible enough to satisfy the majority of needs in my opinion.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:58 pm

Guys...
think we need to draw closure on this, i agree people should conduct themselves in a more polite manner and i back you on that 100% but unfortunately some people don't conduct themselves in a professional manner when using forums, i've seen this in FS Labs recently..

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: