OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Voice recognition and VCP modes

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
RALF9636
Post subject: Voice recognition and VCP modes
Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:31 pm

The topic "voice recognition" goes quite short in the software description, the manual and here in the forum. But it offers lots of possibilities and immersion.

According to the manual when using a voice recognition software the pilot voice should be set to "None" and only VCP modes 0 and 1 should be used. So there are two options:

1. talk to ATC and switch frequencies yourself
2. talk to ATC yourself and let the FO switch the frequencies.

But that does not cover all the possibilities PF3 offers in combination with a voice recognition software (enabling the hotkeys to be triggered by spoken phrases). With a pilot voice selected a cockpit crew interaction can be simulated, so there are more options:

3. VCP mode 0: ask the FO to contact ATC and tell him everything he has to say (and switch frequencies yourself). For example "please request clearance" which triggers hotkey "0".
4. VCP mode 1: ask the FO to contact ATC and tell him what to say except for the readback of frequencies which he does by himself.
5.+6. VCP modes 2 +3: let the FO do the regular communication but still ask him to do special requests like "request higher" or "request lower".

Unfortunately PF3 is not designed to switch between options 1/2 and 3/4/5/6 because you have to choose a pilot voice before the flight and that cannot be changed during the flight. So it is not possible to hand off the ATC communication to the FO during the flight.

I work around this by turning down the volume of the pilot voice but that also affects the TGS audio.

I would appreciate if two more (optional for those using VR) modes could be added to the ctrl-shift-v cycle: VCP mode 0 with muted pilot voice and VCP mode 1 with muted pilot voice. By that it would be possible to hand off the ATC communication between you and the FO.

Thank you!

Ralf

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Voice recognition and VCP modes
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:16 am
Site Admin

Many thanks for the feedback and suggestions, I won't promise anything at this stage but will certainly take a look to see what might be possible

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: