OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

I really want to use this, but........

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
johnbla
Post subject: I really want to use this, but........
Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:45 am

Hi
I am using the demo mode with Windows 10 and CP3 ticked.
I created a VFR flight plan RJTA to RJSF. I tuned Tower to 126.2, hit the 0 key and received clearance for my flight plan. I then received taxi instructions to runway 1.
When I reached the holding point 1, I got the dialogue box saying that TGS is deactivated. All good so far.
But then I waited, and waited and waited with no response from ATC. When I hit the 0 key again, it assumed I was back at the park and requesting clearance.
The only other freq to tune was departures, and when I tuned that I received flight following.
I flew an IFR plan the other day, but upon approaching the airport it vectored me AWAY from the airport for a fair distance. I got frustrated and exited PF3 and used the default ATC.
Before I purchase, I really need this sorted out.
Anyone have any idea if I am doing something wrong?
John

Profile Quote
pschlute
Post subject: Re: I really want to use this, but........
Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:54 am

At the runway you can press 6 to request takeoff clearance.

Dave would need to see the log files to determine what went wrong with your IFR arrival.

Peter

Profile Quote
johnbla
Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:08 am

pschlute wrote:
At the runway you can press 6 to request takeoff clearance.

Dave would need to see the log files to determine what went wrong with your IFR arrival.
Thanks, I didn't see option 6. However, I though that with CP3 ticked that it handles all the comms.

John

Profile Quote
pschlute
Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:43 am

johnbla wrote:

Thanks, I didn't see option 6. However, I though that with CP3 ticked that it handles all the comms.

John
Yes in modes 2 and 3 the copilot should change frequencies for you.

What should happen is that as you get to within a certain distance of the runway, ground should tell you to contact tower. Your copilot will change frequency and you will hear yourself request takeoff clearance.

In your case the runway was recognised as you saw the TGS disconnect, but I don't know why the "automation" did not continue. Perhaps because you were already tuned to Tower, you need to manually request take-off?

I presume you used Tower frequency for clearance and taxi instructions as there is no ground or clearance frequency at the airport?

Peter

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:26 am

johnbla wrote:
Hi
I am using the demo mode with Windows 10 and CP3 ticked.
I created a VFR flight plan RJTA to RJSF. I tuned Tower to 126.2, hit the 0 key and received clearance for my flight plan. I then received taxi instructions to runway 1.
When I reached the holding point 1, I got the dialogue box saying that TGS is deactivated. All good so far.
But then I waited, and waited and waited with no response from ATC. When I hit the 0 key again, it assumed I was back at the park and requesting clearance.
The only other freq to tune was departures, and when I tuned that I received flight following.
I flew an IFR plan the other day, but upon approaching the airport it vectored me AWAY from the airport for a fair distance. I got frustrated and exited PF3 and used the default ATC.
Before I purchase, I really need this sorted out.
Anyone have any idea if I am doing something wrong?
John
For this attach your logs with your next post. It's likely you may need to adjust some settings in PF3.

For your other problem
On my system RJTA has only a Tower frequency. If it is the same on your system then you won't be asked to contact Tower. That only happens when there is a ground frequency as well.

You will also find that the pushback option is ignored at single frequency airfields.
This is the procedure for single frequency fields.
1. Contact Tower for clearance Press "0"
2. With all engines started and ready to go either you are at a drive through stand or you have just pushed back to a taxiway Contact Tower for clearance to taxi Press "0"--again!
3. At the runway holding point press "6" for take-off clearance.

That should see you on your way.
Don't forget PF3 offers a 50% discount, you are only charged landing fees. Take-offs are free :lol: :lol:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
pschlute
Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:43 am

John

With PF3 you can overcome this by adding a clearance and/or ground frequency to the airport, see options 2 (not sure if it is operative on the trial version).

Peter

Profile Quote
johnbla
Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:57 am

Logs attached.

John

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:20 am

johnbla wrote:
Logs attached.
Where?
(maybe there was an error during upload, please try again)

An additional comment: When I started with PFE, I was confused with what VCP mode 3 does and what I have to do myself, so using VCP mode 2 was a much better introduction to PFE.
And I guess it is the same with PF3.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
johnbla
Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:58 am

Hi

I am trying to attach a log and it says "The extension log is not allowed."

Also, I have 9 logs. Which one should I attach?

John

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:48 pm

johnbla wrote:
Hi
I am trying to attach a log and it says "The extension log is not allowed."
Also, I have 9 logs. Which one should I attach?
John
Hi John, As you are having questions regarding TGS as well, I would zip the entire Logs folder in your PF3 directory. You can attach a zip file. (See the "Problem Reporting" sticky post at the top of the forum.)

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: