OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

lock up on approach

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
finnfit
Post subject: lock up on approach
Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:48 pm

Hello! First I will say from what I have seen I like PF3 better than PFE.
After I receive Decent and approach speed instructions I get a lock up. The screen goes white. You can still see what was on the screen but it is like a white layer over the top. FS, PF3, and TGS all stop working and when I try closing them I receive the windows box stating windows cannot access with the option to close the program.
It seems to happen right after I open or close the PGS window with the Shift-3 key combo, but this is usualy what I am doing to enter in the approach.
FSPassenger is also running, but if I have time before hearing back on this I will try without FSPassenger.
Up to this point everything is working great and Like I said better than PFE.
Last note I can do the same flight plans in PFE without this lockup happening.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: lock up on approach
Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:36 pm

finnfit wrote:
Hello! First I will say from what I have seen I like PF3 better than PFE.
After I receive Decent and approach speed instructions I get a lock up. The screen goes white. You can still see what was on the screen but it is like a white layer over the top. FS, PF3, and TGS all stop working and when I try closing them I receive the windows box stating windows cannot access with the option to close the program.
It seems to happen right after I open or close the PGS window with the Shift-3 key combo, but this is usualy what I am doing to enter in the approach.
FSPassenger is also running, but if I have time before hearing back on this I will try without FSPassenger.
Up to this point everything is working great and Like I said better than PFE.
Last note I can do the same flight plans in PFE without this lockup happening.
Thanks in advance for the help.
Glad you like PF3,
Try it without FSPassenger first to see if you get the same error. Does it happen wth all your fpls or just one?
Try it also without TGS. Is your TGS a gauge or running as a separate window?
If it happens again attach a zipped log file to your next post.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
finnfit
Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:04 pm

It happened even with FSPassenger off. It doesn't matter what flight plan I use. Now I cannot get PF3 or PFE to connect to flight simulator. I use the stand alone TGS I just have it in a small window next to the FS window. I close it before takeoff, and with PFE would open after landing again, but with PF3 haven't been able to get that far, and now cannot get it to work. I have restarted my computer as well with no improvement. I know this will be good once we figure what the issue is.

Profile Quote
finnfit
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:17 am

Just wanted to let you know I got it all fixed. PF3 works and works with fsPassenger. I Uninstalled PF3 and then re-downloaded NET Framwork installed it updated windows 7, installed PF3 and updated it then set it up for a flight and it worked fine all the way through I have tried it three times now with even free ware aircraft. It is great the new voices , the easy flight plans, the easy install and config, the handling of traffic, and the enhanced ATC control. Good by PFE Hello PF3. Thanks for the upgrade.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:36 am
Site Admin

So pleased you have things working right now and thanks for letting us know

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: