OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Future feature request

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Cobrakev
Post subject: Future feature request
Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:58 am

I just wanted to say that pro flight 3 is the best ATC program I have ever tried for any flight simulator platform. I am currently using prepar3D v3.1 and I am enjoying learning the many features of this program. I especially like the ground handling and taxi guidance given by ground control. I find it a challenge to get to the active runway but very satisfying.

I would really like to see two things implemented into this program.

1. I Think if we had an active ATC monitoring only button that worked just like the default ATC program in both flight simulator and P 3-D where as you don't need to file a flight plan but I can just tune your radio's and here local ATIS and have basic VFR communications with the tower ground and flight following etc. you could still hear all the other ATC chatter around and still have limited communication for example. I find that I get the most enjoyment from just jumping in an aircraft starting it up contacting ground, then contacting tower getting clearance to take off and then just fly around anywere. Then when I'm done finding the nearest airport or field and contacting tower or using an open frequency and broadcasting my position and then land. I didn't have to file a flight plan but I still add a radio communication environment to interact with during this free flight for example.

2. I think the next feature that would be really immersive would have both comm radios working simultaneously tuned two different frequencies at any given time. And you can designate which comm radio is used for transmitting using the aircraft radio panel. A lot of times when I am flying VFR I will have a traffic frequency tuned and a local ATIS frequency tuned on comm2. Once again the default ATC and both flight simulator and pre-pair 3-D both utilize this feature however I'm not sure about setting which radio for transmission is done.

For me flight simulator is always been about immersion in realism using communications to talk virtual controllers is a wonderful thing if implementedin the most realistic way. now I'm not a programmer so I'm not gonna say this should be a piece a cake because most of the times the simplest things and programming are not as simple program.

But I would like to say thank you for making such a wonderful ATC program to better our flight simulation experience...

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Future feature request
Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:16 am
Site Admin

Thank you for your kind words and suggestions

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Post subject: Re: Future feature request
Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:51 am

Cobrakev wrote:
2. I think the next feature that would be really immersive would have both comm radios working simultaneously tuned two different frequencies at any given time. And you can designate which comm radio is used for transmitting using the aircraft radio panel. A lot of times when I am flying VFR I will have a traffic frequency tuned and a local ATIS frequency tuned on comm2. Once again the default ATC and both flight simulator and pre-pair 3-D both utilize this feature however I'm not sure about setting which radio for transmission is done.
I already added this to the wish list during the beta :)

With most of the default and addon planes the selection is done like this:
You have buttons COM1, COM2, BOTH.
Pressing COM1 deselects COM2 and vice versa.
You transmit only on the selected COM.
When BOTH is off, you listen only to the selected COM.
When BOTH is on, you listen to both COMs.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: