OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Langen Radar

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 3  [ 30 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 »
RALF9636
Post subject: Langen Radar
Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:18 pm

German Pilot 1 seems to be the only one who knows about Langen Radar (instead of Dusseldorf)...

And while we're on these nasty details: Shouldn't US Airways be called "Cactus"?

Not a big deal, but if you find the time...

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Post subject: Re: Langen Radar
Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:02 pm

RALF9636 wrote:
German Pilot 1 seems to be the only one who knows about Langen Radar (instead of Dusseldorf)...
But the text will still be DUSSELDORF RADAR (unless you change it in captions.ini) and the boundaries will probably be wrong (unless you adjust them in Data/CenterSectors.dat). I just assume this plays in an alternative reality :)
RALF9636 wrote:
And while we're on these nasty details: Shouldn't US Airways be called "Cactus"?
According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Airways they no longer have a callsign, because they merged with AAL in 2015, but before that they had Cactus.

The callsign "US Air" is pfac97, "Cactus" is pfac84, so you just have to change Data/pf3_callsigns.dat:
US Airways,97,22
to
US Airways,84,22

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:56 pm

Quote:
According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Airways they no longer have a callsign, because they merged with AAL in 2015, but before that they had Cactus.
I'm using UT2 so I'm a little out of time...
Quote:
The callsign "US Air" is pfac97, "Cactus" is pfac84, so you just have to change Data/pf3_callsigns.dat:
US Airways,97,22
to
US Airways,84,22
Thank you, that was easy!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:01 pm

ThomasAH wrote:
RALF9636 wrote:
But the text will still be DUSSELDORF RADAR (unless you change it in captions.ini) and the boundaries will probably be wrong (unless you adjust them in Data/CenterSectors.dat). I just assume this plays in an alternative reality :)
Any plans to fix this?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:01 pm

RALF9636 wrote:
Thank you, that was easy!
See? :)
Make sure to record your changes, so they don't get lost after an update or a new install.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:04 pm

RALF9636 wrote:
ThomasAH wrote:
RALF9636 wrote:
Any plans to fix this?
Probably not soon, I don't think PF3 supports having different centers for upper and lower airspace, which would be needed.
Maybe for PF4? :)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:09 pm

ThomasAH wrote:
RALF9636 wrote:
Any plans to fix this?
Probably not soon, I don't think PF3 supports having different centers for upper and lower airspace, which would be needed.
Ok. Is there an easy way to make more voices say "Langen Radar" instead of "Dusseldorf" than only (haven't tried all of course) German Pilot 1?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
KevinJH
Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:07 am

ThomasAH wrote:
What are you trying to do - give Dave a heart attack ?!? :shock:

:mrgreen:

All the best, Kevin

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:00 am
Site Admin

RALF9636 wrote:
Ok. Is there an easy way to make more voices say "Langen Radar" instead of "Dusseldorf" than only (haven't tried all of course) German Pilot 1?
No there isn't. The only way to do it is to create a new wav file but cutting and pasting sylables from other wav files to make the sound you require. It would also have to be done 238 times! :shock: That particular author (German pilot #1) took it upon himself to record 'Langen Rader' because, rightly or wrongly, the script at the time specified 'Dusseldorf Radar'. Had I spotted it back then I would have told him to change it.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:06 pm

dmarch wrote:
That particular author (German pilot #1) took it upon himself to record 'Langen Rader' because, rightly or wrongly, the script at the time specified 'Dusseldorf Radar'. Had I spotted it back then I would have told him to change it.
:lol: Brave guy!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 3  [ 30 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 3 »
Jump to: