OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Hi Dave! All sorts of issues unfortunately...

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
psolk
Post subject: Hi Dave! All sorts of issues unfortunately...
Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:23 am

Hi Dave, It's Paul Solk hope all is well!! What a pleasant surprise to see you back!! So I have set up all of my settings exactly the same as PFE and tried the last flight I had just succesfully completed with PFE with PF3 4 times now each time with total failure at various times of the flight. I have other logs as well but the email the logs feature does not seem to be working for me...
This is FS9 with the IFly747 in LNAV mode flying the flightpath perfectly as verified by external mapping programs.
Flightpath is KMIA-EGLL KMIA VALLY WOLFO RAMJT ETECK CANIT CARPX (I think this is the issue most of the time, distance is too close) UKOKA OMALA ONGOT GOUGH KINER OVAPI 4060N 4250N 4340N 4435N 4630N 4720N 4810N REGHI BADUR JSY REVTU BOLRO DOMUT OCK EGLL
SID/STAR is active, end of DP is VALLY, Start of STAR is OCK
Thus far I have seen the following: Same controller voice used sequentially all over Northeast even when switching Centers and same voice used sequentially by different AI.
Every flight I have lost PF3 altogether at multiple points.
It got lost when PF3 inserted two XXX into the flightplan sequentially between 4340N and 4630N. When PF3_DSPLY saw last WYPT and Next WYPT as XXX it didn't know what frequency to tune and I could not retrieve ATC. Had to use Warp.
Overcame this issue on the last flight by inserting 4435N into the FP which gave me 4340N XXX 4435N XXX 4630N instead.
On the last flight when 40 miles from CARPX and ATC had gone very quiet I asked for position check and it had me 3480 miles off the airway and made me double back almost 80 miles to retrieve the airway. I then had to KEEP asking for Vectors repeatedly. I eventually had to warp multiple times for it to catch up.
Then on descent after behaving correctly for quite a while it inserted an XXX in-between DOMUT and OCK and despite having holds off gave me a hold at XXX. Obviously I have no XXX in my CDU so no way to hold at a PF3 virtual waypoint. PF3 never passed me onto OCK, Approach or Tower after DOMUT. I think this is where it crashed.

I do have another log from my prior flight as well, I will send that over. For now I am thinking I am going to remove CARPX from the Flightplan and see if that helps but all in all I am really struggling at the moment. Thanks in advance, all the best, -Paul

Profile Quote
psolk
Post subject: Re: Hi Dave! All sorts of issues unfortunately...
Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:42 am

All logs emailed.... Most flights I have not gotten past Miami, Jacksonville or NY Center but via warping I made it to Oceanic then it crashed on approach... Hope the logs help, let me know if you want me to crank up debug level before next flight
Thanks again

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: