OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Hold

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
zdugpv
Post subject: Hold
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:11 pm

Hi

Might have posten this in the wrong forum :)

"Just a quick question. Are holdings in air a feature just for show, adding a level of realism to the game or do the holds have an actual purpose like holding for approaching AI traffic?

Also is it possible to assign the PTT to your Yoke, like the Saitek Yoke PPT button for example?

Cheers
Zeke

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: Hold
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:35 pm

zdugpv wrote:
Hi

Might have posten this in the wrong forum :)

"Just a quick question. Are holdings in air a feature just for show, adding a level of realism to the game or do the holds have an actual purpose like holding for approaching AI traffic?

Cheers
Zeke
To answer your first question. Holds are there for your immersion. There are tweaks flagged in the wish list so holds may be developed further. As for AI holding with you. I don't know if that can be done. Knowing the "excellent" reputation of the pilots who fly AI do you really think they would follow the correct entry procedures and headings?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
zdugpv
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:55 pm

nahh I guess you are right regarding the AI pilots :) but a hold feature for you (the pilot) not AI would be nice if the system feels there are many landing aircraft in line ahead of you. Just a thought :)

Zeke

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:29 pm

zdugpv wrote:
nahh I guess you are right regarding the AI pilots :) but a hold feature for you (the pilot) not AI would be nice if the system feels there are many landing aircraft in line ahead of you. Just a thought :)

Zeke
The wish being looked into is that when you select a hold by entering "H" you 'may' be rather than you 'will' be held. Whether that will be a random feature or determined by traffic I don't know at this stage.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: