OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

A quick flight from LIMZ to LIMF with PF3

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
vololiberista
Post subject: A quick flight from LIMZ to LIMF with PF3
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:26 am

I thought to offer this video of PF3 to show a sample of what it can do. I have included lots of other voices for you to compare with those of PF3. For example the pushback crew, cabin safety announcements, cabin flight deck interaction and speed calls etc..

The voices: Personally I hear little or no difference and I would happily say that the PF3 voices are as close to real as one can get. If anyone dares suggest that they are robotic you will be shot at dawn and a blindfold will be provided for a micro transaction fee.

The flight: The routing is LIMZ --> LIMF and is exactly the same as that found in the user manual. It is an IFR flight airborne for just 16 minutes. This flight plan or any other permutation of an IFR fpl between these two airports in PFE never worked. It was totally confused due to "waypoints too close together" etc. and PFE would send me on an airborne version of the Tour d'Italia. You should turn that option off as it is largely superfluous in PF3. In the flight we are given a SID and a STAR to fly (pretty much back to back!) You will hear the handovers and instructions. Also in the final part of the flight you will hear the speed reduction calls. I'm not told to descend to the FAP because that is my cruise level already. After landing I am told to turn left off the runway then given taxi instructions to my gate. My PO will give me directions. At the gate he will slow me down etc. (the distance at which he does this can be adjusted in PF3 - I like to be given a lot of notice so...) PF3 disconnects when the parking brake is applied at the gate.

The Video: I'm not a professional youtuber and I don't have a cutting edge gaming rig. Just an ordinary average pc. Even my screen is low spec! In fact Albert is a quite long in the tooth now being more than 5 years old. And in computer terms he would qualify for a telegram from the Queen. However he is well behaved and reliable and doggedly uploaded the video to YT over ten and a half hours!!!!!!
I tried a long time ago with Fraps. But really hated it as it was so much work. It only ever recorded in 4mb chunks all having to be stitched together. Each 4mb chunk had sound sync problems as well and then it all had to be converted to mp4. Now I use bandicam which gives me an immediate result. Nice! I do wish though that YT's idea of HD was the same as bandicam. So apologies for the "soft focus". That is YT's fault.

The aircraft: The aircraft is David Maltby's Super VC10 in FS9. However the panel update is mine containing around 700 gauge elements instead of the original 140. I made a lot of other alterations too, To the engine sounds, engine performance including P7 and lots of other stuff.

The object of the video though is to present PF3
so here it is

[ img ]

Profile Quote
jkeye
Post subject: Re: A quick flight from LIMZ to LIMF with PF3
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:41 am

Hi vololiberista
Thanks for the video!I'm loving PF3 so far!
Is that FS9? Looks very good.
Can you use the VC10 in P3D3.1?
I'm a VC10 fan myself-can you share your mod if so?
I can pay a microtransaction fee but spare me the blindfold for asking! :)
Jay

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:14 pm

jkeye wrote:
Hi vololiberista
Thanks for the video!I'm loving PF3 so far!
Is that FS9? Looks very good.
Can you use the VC10 in P3D3.1?
I'm a VC10 fan myself-can you share your mod if so?
I can pay a microtransaction fee but spare me the blindfold for asking! :)
Jay
I do know that previous panel updates have worked in FSX. This one is a bit different in that it is everything except the model (currently standing at 500mb panel alone!). I am planning to put it up in the avsim library in March. But it will be for FS9. All the xml code should work in P3D.
This would be a smashing a/c to have in P3D. A proper 3d cockpit et al. But's a huge amount of work and I don't live near any VC10s so I can't do that side of it. I've done everything else except the model and detailed electrics and hydraulics. What you didn't see in the video is the full check list in action. With the current panel as it stands one can do the full pre-flight check of 100 items (everything works). To do it properly is at least 20 minutes before the Captain's briefing. There's a spreadsheet to calculate your fuel requirements which feeds into a real facsimile of a Super VC10 loadsheet.
That's how you know what setting to make for the tail trim. And then the fuel can only be uplifted via the underwing panel all in real time.
So yes if it could be ported to P3D it would be great but better still a new model for P3D would blow peoples minds.

As for the micro transaction, Dave would be happy to collect I'm sure.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
JohnY
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:33 am

Great flight thank you Voliberista but what's with the twinkling scenery?

John

Last bumped by JohnY on Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:33 am.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: