OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

folded text lines

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 15 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Dan77
Post subject: Re: folded text lines
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:20 pm

Tony,

Thanks for posting and letting us know you've found the cause. As Kevin has pointed out, this helps not only us but other users as well.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:44 pm
Site Admin

flyforever wrote:
I found the cause of the folded text lines. If Windows Desktop display is set at more than 100%, then PF3 will exhibit that anomaly. It might be of interest to Dave that some of us don't have the vision of young people, and thus the need to have larger display settings for normal viewing. My Windows screen text display was set at "medium", which is 125%.
tony
I guess you're using the default FS message window. Have you tried the FSUIPC message window or even RemoteText is you have another monitor?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:51 pm

dmarch wrote:
I guess you're using the default FS message window. Have you tried the FSUIPC message window or even RemoteText is you have another monitor?
I assume he still talks about PF3's program window, not the FS/FSUIPC window.
Maybe you can allow adding attachments to posts here, so he can post a screenshot in context?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
flyforever
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:15 pm

dmarch wrote:
flyforever wrote:
I found the cause of the folded text lines. If Windows Desktop display is set at more than 100%, then PF3 will exhibit that anomaly. It might be of interest to Dave that some of us don't have the vision of young people, and thus the need to have larger display settings for normal viewing. My Windows screen text display was set at "medium", which is 125%.
tony
Dave,
As I've already indicated in an image of PF3 to you via email as well as my description here in this forum, the issue was never inside FSX. The issue is PF3 normal window when it's first opened as an application. If Windows Display settings ( Personalize\Display\ text size) is set at a size larger than 100%( Windows has 3 modes- small , medium, large text), some parts of PF3 text becomes corrupt. It will only display correctly if Windows Display is set at 100% or small mode.

Also, I noticed that when PF3 "Option 1" window is closed, PF3 shuts down.
tony

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:59 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
Dave,
As I've already indicated in an image of PF3 to you via email as well as my description here in this forum, the issue was never inside FSX. The issue is PF3 normal window when it's first opened as an application. If Windows Display settings ( Personalize\Display\ text size) is set at a size larger than 100%( Windows has 3 modes- small , medium, large text), some parts of PF3 text becomes corrupt. It will only display correctly if Windows Display is set at 100% or small mode.

Also, I noticed that when PF3 "Option 1" window is closed, PF3 shuts down.
tony
Sorry, my bad, I've been jumping from one post to another then emails then... etc, etc, got a little messed up like your display ;)

If the program suddenly closes on you that's indicative of a skinning problem that some get and some don't. Try another skin or disable them altogether if necessary.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 15 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: