OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Not all is good. Not at all.

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
darem
Post subject: Not all is good. Not at all.
Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:00 pm

Ok, I am getting more and more frustrated with PF3, as it seems it does things worse than PFE did.

Let me explain: I wasn't able to do a SINGLE flawless flight in PF3. Everything is fine until I am handed off to approach. From there on, it's all a mess.
First of all I thought it's because I had FAF distance to 4nm. But now I that I changed it to 9nm, it's even WORSE.

I did a flight EDDW to EDDT. I used the latest runway data and created a FP in FSC9 that imported fine.
I had the settings set to long runway, 1200ft/min on ascending and 900ft/min descending, I have turned speed off. All matching my plane perfectly well.
In the INI settings, I had FAF distance 9nm, FAF altitude 3000ft and speed off.

I was vectored, then asked to resume own navigation. After TOD, I was brought to 3000 feet with vectoring for runway 08L. ATC told me to reduce speed nevertheless, but that was within reasonable boundaries. I was slower than told.

When I reached 3000 feet, I was pretty close to the airport, way too close for my taste, and then I was just forgotten by ATC. I crossed the airport from the side of runway 08L, but NEVER on ILS, just the general direction.

I am starting to feel that I have wasted my money. I now have six full flights on record, a success quote of 0%.

The end part of the flight is just rubbish, sorry. BTW - transition altitude is never called, either (I think it was in PFE, wasn't it?)

Here's the plan I flew:
EDDW RORAN Z612 GESTO Z870 BKD L619 PITEN Z998 RATMO EDDT

RATMO is 33miles away from EDDT. FL was 170.

Please help, it's tremendously frustrating.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Not all is good. Not at all.
Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:12 pm
Site Admin

Please send me the Debug log for that flight from your pf3/,logs folder

Sent using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:17 pm

darem wrote:
When I reached 3000 feet, I was pretty close to the airport, way too close for my taste, and then I was just forgotten by ATC. I crossed the airport from the side of runway 08L, but NEVER on ILS, just the general direction.
I assume you missed the ILS beam and due to that never contacted Tower "when established".
Please send Logs/debug_monitor.log ... or as they say: Logs or it did not happen :)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
darem
Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:26 pm

ThomasAH wrote:
darem wrote:
I assume you missed the ILS beam and due to that never contacted Tower "when established".
Please send Logs/debug_monitor.log ... or as they say: Logs or it did not happen :)
sent.

BTW: The course I was vectored onto would never have crossed ILS.

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:04 am

darem wrote:
ThomasAH wrote:
darem wrote:
sent.

BTW: The course I was vectored onto would never have crossed ILS.
Firstly, I assume you are trying to do an IFR fpl? You would be most unlikely to get permission to fly into Berlin VFR! It's guaranteed that Berlin Approach will require you to fly a STAR. So you need to at least fly to the start of the relevant STAR.
Your basic fpl based on current airac should be

Cruise altitude between FL170 and FL170
EDDW (0.0nm) -SID-> GESTO (47.4nm) -Z870-> RIDNI (76.1nm) -Z870->
NEBUN (88.7nm) -Z870-> GURLO (94.4nm) -Z870-> BKD (100.7nm) -L619->
PITEN (110.7nm) -L619-> VIBIS (129.8nm) -STAR-> EDDT (172.3nm)

The glideslope angle is a standard 3deg so set you FAF distance to 7nm in the tweaks page and make sure that the FAF altitude is 3,000ft. If your afcad doesn't show an outer marker set FAF distance to 11.

Nota BENE!! When you fly SIDs or STARs in ICAO you are never vectored (except for a heading from the end of STAR to localiser capture). Vectoring is an FAA procedure.

Last edited by vololiberista on Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
darem
Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:06 am

IFR, of course. This flight was just a mess, though.

Did an new one today from EDDT to EDBC, IFR, landing on 26. That one was picture perfect. My first perfect flight out of seven.

I'll keep you updated.

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:09 am

darem wrote:
IFR, of course. This flight was just a mess, though.

Did an new one today from EDDT to EDBC, IFR, landing on 26. That one was picture perfect. My first perfect flight out of seven.

I'll keep you updated.
Try the routing I have suggested above.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: