OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3 disables the hydraulics in the default B737

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Dave March
Post subject: Re: PF3 disables the hydraulics in the default B737
Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:50 pm
Site Admin

Okay, is it a permissions issue I wonder? The exact wording of the message would be most helpful.

As for reactivations are not unlimited but you don't have to worry about it. If you get locked out just email me with your activation code and the email address you used (if you did use on) when first activating it and I'll reset everything.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Rustydog
Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:37 pm

dmarch wrote:
Okay, is it a permissions issue I wonder? The exact wording of the message would be most helpful.

As for reactivations are not unlimited but you don't have to worry about it. If you get locked out just email me with your activation code and the email address you used (if you did use on) when first activating it and I'll reset everything.
All permissions are set. (I hate a computer telling me what I can or can't do). UAC is off and program specific permissions are set to full control. All folders are set to allow.
The exact wording is....
There was a problem whilst processing this flight plan!
FPP error!
I am now installing FSXSE onto networked PC temporarily to see if that makes a difference with my set up. Not hopeful but nothing better to do at the moment.(other than fly .....sheesh). But if that doesn't work then I am left with the only other possibility that I have a dodgy windows installation, so next step will be a fresh install of that. Welllll it's only my time and it's been at least 2yrs since the last format and reinstall, probably overdue. :)

Flying Daily, sometimes twice.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Rustydog
Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:01 pm

Update
So installed FSX. created a flight plan with FSX and still get the error. I will try a fresh install of windows......but not tonight!. I think it is my pc rather than a bug. Just a gut feeling but it's usually right. But for now Cardiff to Newcastle. Happy days!

Flying Daily, sometimes twice.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:28 am
Site Admin

If you can recreate it please send all the files from your PF3\Flight\FPP folder

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
mach2000
Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:59 pm

I believe I've discovered the issue with the hydraulics failure. It is a combination of enabling Closed-Caption Mode, Use Remote Text, and the usage of the RemoteText App on a WideFS remote computer. With the closed-captions and Remote Text active, if the RemoteText Window is not open prior to PF3 (or, at a minimum, prior to the first PF radio or ATIS transmission), the hydraulic systems eventually fail. I have no idea why (perhaps the buffer for the text captions gets corrupt and somehow triggers an hydraulic shutdown through FSUIPC... who knows). But opening the Remote Text application prior to PF3 seems to resolve the problem.

MD

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:39 pm
Site Admin

How very strange, PF3 and Remote Text don't use WideFS/WideClient to communicate. Is your aircraft communicating with anything on the WideClient machine

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
mach2000
Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:48 pm

PF3 is the only one communicating via WideFS (other than a VAS LUA script). I also have ASN and Super Traffic Board running; but they're using simconnect. One clue is that each time the ATIS cycled (repeated) when RemoteText was off, it would sound a chime (like the fasten seat belts "ding"). With RemoteText running, no chime is heard. I also have the voice IDs enabled which display properly in RemoteText; but they don't show up if using a similar app such as ShowText from Pete Dowson's site... not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

MD

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:37 am
Site Admin

mach2000 wrote:
PF3 is the only one communicating via WideFS (other than a VAS LUA script). I also have ASN and Super Traffic Board running; but they're using simconnect. One clue is that each time the ATIS cycled (repeated) when RemoteText was off, it would sound a chime (like the fasten seat belts "ding"). With RemoteText running, no chime is heard. I also have the voice IDs enabled which display properly in RemoteText; but they don't show up if using a similar app such as ShowText from Pete Dowson's site... not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.
MD
Sorry, I should have written:

PF3 and Remote Text don't use WideFS/WideClient to communicate with each other. So yes, PF3 uses WideClient but RemoeText does not

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: