OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Just some Questions

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 13 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Just some Questions
Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:14 pm
Site Admin

Alpha117 wrote:
Hi Dave

Sorry, just interested in how it all works, that'a all.

just about to purchase it in fact ;)

Clive
Please don't bother Clive

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Alpha117
Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:41 pm

Just to clear any misunderstanding, I have just watched the Video on You Tube(aka the old version), but it still explains the SID and STARs, which was very good BTW.

So, to answer my own questions

1. No PF3 does not need to know about AIRAC
2. You can fly how ever you want, either with charts or not, yes it takes a little effort and understanding, but it's not rocket science.
3. Yes it will use NATS as it will already be in your FP.

Conclusion it looks good and adds a slightly different way to fly with ATC, AND can be educational as you have to read the charts to get the most out of it.

You fly the SID and approaches as you would in the real world.

Overall I will get to like it, be prepared for more questions though :shock:

Thanks

Clive

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:32 pm

Alpha117 wrote:
1. No PF3 does not need to know about AIRAC
2. You can fly how ever you want, either with charts or not, yes it takes a little effort and understanding, but it's not rocket science.
3. Yes it will use NATS as it will already be in your FP.

Conclusion it looks good and adds a slightly different way to fly with ATC, AND can be educational as you have to read the charts to get the most out of it.
This is a good summary of features I really like about PF3 (and PFE before): I learn something and it is fun.
PFE had a "hand-holding" option which was removed from PF3. In combination with early betas of PF3 being really picky about hitting waypoints (especially in the slow planes I fly, and especially when not using GPS), this forced me to navigate more precisely. But I'm still glad that Dave made PF3 more tolerant when I miss a waypoint and am heading for the next one :)

Clive, as a somewhat (though not completely) neutral party I have a small request: Since you are developing a competitor's product, your curiosity about which features PF3 has (or not has) or how the features are presented to the user (or how this is different from your product) might easily be interpreted as "my product is better than your product, because my product can do X while your product can only do Y and the user has to do Z to reach the same goal".
Please take extra care when asking your questions to avoid this situation.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 13 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: