OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Issues with Demo

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
sgreen91
Post subject: Issues with Demo
Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:13 am

Hi,

I'm trying the demo of PF3 but having quite a few issues with it. I apologize in advance for wasting your time on a customer who has not paid anything but I just want to make sure all works on my system properly.

1. I fly in USA but the altimeter always reads in QNH intead of inches. I've tried checking the box in options #1 and unchecking but there is no difference.
2. I can't seem to reply using the \ key. I've also tried C/S/\ and C/A\ I've check for any conflicting key assignments but have found none.
3. I get to the active runway and tune to tower and try to request takeoff but all it request is taxi to runway and I get instructions. I never get cleared to takeoff.
4. If using the VCP and request clearance I get the clearance then immediately he contacts ground for taxi instructions while I'm still 15 minutes away from even being ready to taxi.

These are the initial issues I'm having with the demo version. I have yet to takeoff and fly so not sure how the rest works.

P3D v3.1
Windows 10

Thank you for any assistance.
Sean Green

Profile Quote
sgreen91
Post subject: Re: Issues with Demo
Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:12 am

Just an update.

Finally got off the ground. Hot Keys will need to be written down Unusual setup of 0 for most things except takeoff which is 6.
Was able to respond by changing the Roger hotkey but now I lost my EZDOK hotkeys for changing views. Something I will need to figure out.

Still reading to work on the other issues.

Also fixed my constant CTD by turning of PF3 skins. My computer doesn't like those for some reason.

In my first demo flight to see how it goes.

Sean

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:40 am
Site Admin

Quote:
I'm trying the demo of PF3 but having quite a few issues with it. I apologize in advance for wasting your time on a customer who has not paid anything but I just want to make sure all works on my system properly.
Not a problem, that's the whole idea of the demo, you try it and ask as many questions as you want. You learn, we learn and hopefully we'll all be happy. :)
Quote:
1. I fly in USA but the altimeter always reads in QNH intead of inches. I've tried checking the box in options #1 and unchecking but there is no difference.
Certainly not an issue we've had during the many months of testing. There will be a simple explanation for it but I won't be able to give it until I see your debug_log, which you can find in the PF3\Logs folder.
Quote:
2. I can't seem to reply using the \ key. I've also tried C/S/\ and C/A\ I've check for any conflicting key assignments but have found none.
That could just be keyboard or keyboard setting compatibility issue... try changing the hotkey to something else
Quote:
3. I get to the active runway and tune to tower and try to request takeoff but all it request is taxi to runway and I get instructions. I never get cleared to takeoff.
If you're contacting Tower yourself (rather than letting the VCP do it) you need Hotkey #6 to request takeoff
Quote:
4. If using the VCP and request clearance I get the clearance then immediately he contacts ground for taxi instructions while I'm still 15 minutes away from even being ready to taxi.
Yeah he's keen to get going isn't he? :lol: You can either turn your VCP settings down a notch or just get on and do whatever it is you want to do and then taxi when your ready... ATC won't nag you for not moving.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
sgreen91
Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:37 am

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m34r6tx2quk15 ... r.log?dl=0

I'm not sure if this is the log file your looking for, if not let me know.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:49 pm
Site Admin

Thanks for that, although an email would suffice

If you select Options #1 from the main menu then the Trans Alt & Baro Calls button you'll see a list of the PF3 geographic regions. On this page you can set Transition Altitudes for each region plus whether you should get your altimeter calls in Millibars, which is the default setting for each area. Just make the necessary changes and that will address your problem

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
sgreen91
Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:02 pm

Thank you Dave!

So simple just so many options to wrap my head around. I come from RC4 so its quite a change.

Thanks again.

Sean

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:36 pm

sgreen91 wrote:
Thank you Dave!

So simple just so many options to wrap my head around. I come from RC4 so its quite a change.

Thanks again.

Sean
Hope you will enjoy the change. Once you are familiar with the options PF3 is very smooth and easy to use.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:24 pm

Quote:

Certainly not an issue we've had during the many months of testing. There will be a simple explanation for it but I won't be able to give it until I see your debug_log, which you can find in the PF3\Logs folder.
I also have this problem, with the full version (thought I'd reply to this rather than start a new thread). I checked the QNH box yesterday, decided I didn't want it and unchecked it, but ATC has continued to use millibarsever since (and I am not flying in the US). The PDF says:
Quote:
"Setting this option to OFF will result in the 'Altimeter' setting being given in all PF3 regions".
That's what I am used to, so if anyone knows how to revert to this, that's be nice...

(Most of the programme, I should stress, works beautifully, and I am loving flying with it. Thanks to all who worked so hard to make PF3 so impressive).

Martin

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:11 am

martinlest wrote:
I also have this problem, with the full version (thought I'd reply to this rather than start a new thread).
Did you try Dave's suggestion regarding the Trans Alt & Alt Baro Calls Screen? (See four posts up.)

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:42 pm

I read it, meant to (it was the same in PFE) and then forgot all about it. :oops:

Have unchecked all the boxes there now - it's less realistic for outside the US, but I am used to inches of Hg readings!

Thanks for the heads up!!

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: