OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

ATC directs me on a wrong heading

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Petercove
Post subject: Re: ATC directs me on a wrong heading
Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:54 pm

So in this case, no SID in plan, I should then hold the rwy hdg even though it was taking me further and further off course? I was marginal for fuel on this flight too!
Evenually PF3 did give me a hdg to steer me back to my course line. It was a bit odd as the expected hdg would have intercepted the course at maybe 39 to 45 deg. The given hdg was more like a 120 deg change of direction. It also then said we show you to be 156 miles off course. Odd when PF3 put me there in the first place!

Cheers

Peter

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:32 pm

If you are not flying a SID, when you get takeoff clearance you will be given an initial heading which may be runway heading, or may be a different initial heading to turn to once airborne. If given a heading other than runway heading be sure to turn to the assigned heading once airborne. You should receive additional vectors very shortly after your initial contact with Departure. ATC will vector you to intercept the line connecting the airport and your first waypoint, so yes, you will be vectored to this line at an angle. Once you get the "Resume own navigation" instruction you can engage LNAV and proceed direct your first waypoint. If you still have problems post the logs and perhaps we can figure out what is going on.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Petercove
Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:41 pm

I ended up abandoning the flight as I was constantly bombarded with an ATIS message despite me only being tuned to Approach frequency. I was unable to stop it by changing frequencies.
I have now disabled all P3D ATC comms which I believe I should have done from the get go. Was getting two ATIS transmissions prior to getting clearance also so hopefully fixed now.

Profile Quote
bbruechmann
Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:36 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:24 am
Okay, sorry for the delay but I must admit I clean forgot about this one! :oops:
No Problem at all, but sorry for my late reply, because i wasn´t in the forum for a while.
Quote:
Just checked the log and what appears to have happened is you missed the first waypoint by about 34 miles.
But that´s weird, because i got the the instruction to head for 180 degree just few seconds after i was airborned. So it can´t be i´ve passed a waypoint which is 34 miles away. (My AC is an A320 not a hypersonic fighter)
Quote:
As you reached your initial altitude SID mode was deactivated and PF3 then detects you are moving away from the first waypoint.
That´s weird again, because i was initiated for an altitude of 18.000 ft by the tower and the clearance before. But the order to turn to course 180 came way before i reached that FL.
I could find the point if i missed a waypoint, and ATC gives me vectors to get back on track, but turning to course 180 brought me into the complete opposite direction of my FP.
Meanwhile i´ve had this several times again and i have just ignored this instruction, because once i´ve followed this instruction it took nearly 10 minutes until i was told to resume own navigation. At that time i was headed southbound for miles and miles where my flight should be headed to northeast. (for sure i´ve ignored the worried view of my CoPi aswell)

If i just ignore those weird instruction by atc, and just follow my leg it takes a little time until ATC gives "resume own navigation"

Cheers
Bernd

Regards Bernd

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: