OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:36 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Feature Requests
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:41 pm 

Another request: since it's hard to record new callsigns, is it possible to read the ICAO code from the first parking code in aircraft.cfg? Usually people enter there the ICAO codes of the airlines the plane serves. Would be something like this:

Current rule:
1. If callsign is recorded, play the recording
2. Else, read the first 3 letters of the callsign, as written in Aircraft.cfg (atc_airline).

My idea (in italics):
1. If callsign is recorded, play the recording.
2. Else, if there are any codes in atc_parking_codes (also in aircraft.cfg), read the first 3-letter code (sometimes there's more than one ICAO entered there).
3. If no parking codes entered, read the first 3 letters of the callsign, as written in Aircraft.cfg (atc_airline).

Is this possible? Rarely the ICAO code matches the first 3 letters of the callsign...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:39 pm 

Descending in holds.

While it is possible to cheat somewhat by saving a flight plan in FS9 text format, duplicating the hold waypoint and then in PF3 allocating different altitudes to the two occurances, it's fiddly and not terribly realistic.

What would be great would be to receive descent instructions in the hold. These could be randomised both in altitude and occurence. So, you may receive 0,1,2 or 3 descents in the hold (depending on length of hold) and each descent might be 1,000 or 2,000 feet.

Andy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:08 pm 

Hello fellow simmers ;)
I suggest for the next update, after arriving, instead of ATC ground services assign a gate or a parking, just clear us with a “taxi to terminal”, even with available parking spots, or just “taxi to ramp”, instead of disabling TGS (1) or limiting to a preferred gate (in options menu).
As PF3-ATC does not recognise if an AI aircraft is on a parking/gate position, this would be a good addition if you use GSX ground services. Better, if possible, some kind of interrelation with GSX. :D :D
Cheers
Carlos

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:56 pm 

Quote:
Hello fellow simmers ;)
I suggest for the next update, after arriving, instead of ATC ground services assign a gate or a parking, just clear us with a “taxi to terminal”, even with available parking spots, or just “taxi to ramp”, instead of disabling TGS (1) or limiting to a preferred gate (in options menu).
As PF3-ATC does not recognise if an AI aircraft is on a parking/gate position, this would be a good addition if you use GSX ground services. Better, if possible, some kind of interrelation with GSX. :D :D
Cheers
Carlos

Honestly, I really dislike hearing taxi to terminal at the end of a flight. I want to have to write down taxiways I can follow, so I'm always a bit disappointed when I don't manage to configure it so it gives me a gate. If you want to force it to taxi to terminal you can just choose a gate type that doesn't exist at your destination (e.g. often military ramp). But I guess one could make an option.

Perosnally, I'm still hoping for better VFR support including local flights / training circuits.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:04 pm 

The feature I'd like to see would be a VCP mode 4 where the VCP only flies, and the MCE F/O handles the comms.

I currently fly with PF3 and MCE and I have to say the integration between the two programs is relatively seamless. I fly with PF3 set to mode 3.
As it stands now the PF3 VCP responds to ATC when an instruction is given and the MCE F/O also responds to the same instructions. For example, ATC says
"contact departure on 123.6". The VCP is silent due to MCE setting the pilot voice to none, however the VCP still interacts with ATC, acknowledges the instruction, sets 123.6 and checks in.
Shortly thereafter the MCE F/O also responds to the frequency change, attempts to set the frequency at the same time and then checks in; effectively repeating everything the VCP just said (but,obviously not heard).

A VCP mode 4 setting would prevent "two copilots" from running the radios at the same time.

Thanks for a great product,

Tony J

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:59 am 
Site Admin

Thank you Tony... Nice idea

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

Without a log it didn't happen!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:24 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Hello fellow simmers ;)
Cheers
Carlos

Honestly, I really dislike hearing taxi to terminal at the end of a flight. I want to have to write down taxiways I can follow, so I'm always a bit disappointed when I don't manage to configure it so it gives me a gate. If you want to force it to taxi to terminal you can just choose a gate type that doesn't exist at your destination (e.g. often military ramp). But I guess one could make an option.

Perosnally, I'm still hoping for better VFR support including local flights / training circuits.
I have found that if you select Ramp GA, I always get "Taxi to Terminal". Just my 2 cents.

Tony J

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:39 am 

I would love it if the traffic controllers could take into account the Ground Altitude on Approach. Obeying the controller, I've just crashed into the hills surrounding LEBB Bilbao........Again! :roll:

One day I'll remember.

John