OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

No hand off from Oceanic Control

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
martinlest
Post subject: No hand off from Oceanic Control
Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:01 pm

Hi. I don't fly across the Atlantic often, so I may have forgotten procedures, but since the setup is automatic (Oceanic Control greyed out in the options page) I assumed I needed no input. However...

Flying Heathrow to Philadelphia: after Shannon Control, SELCAL starts up just fine and checks continue across the Atlantic. However, I was still getting SELCAL checks well into Canada. I used 0 to 'check in' and got an ATC reply from Monkton Centre. But there was no further hand off.. I was with Monkton Centre all the way to Philadelphia. I tried entering radio frequencies for other centres en route, Boston, New York, but there was no response.

In the end, I was handed off to Philadelphia approach and told to descend from FL380 to 2000', but I was only a few miles from the airport by then....

This is in X-Plane 11. Maybe there's a problem with the handoff in that sim?? If it doesn't work automatically (I'm in Mode 2), how do I rescue the situation manually?

Log attached

Thanks,

Martin

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(1.13 KiB) Downloaded 144 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: No hand off from Oceanic Control
Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:56 pm
Site Admin

There does seem to be an issue with the handoff... please see the following, which I'm looking into

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3130

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:19 pm

Seems to be pretty much the same as the problem I had Dave. As far as I recall (from quite some time back), when you leave the Oceanic track you are automatically handed off to the next appropriate ATC control and things carry on as normal (at least in Mode 2). I was (as I mentioned) still getting SELCAL well after I crossed over the Canadian coastline. I tried to tune manually, but never had any response. Then an instruction to descend from 38000' to 2000' right at the last moment. I suppose you can see all that from the log?

I'll check back here to see if you find a fix Dave. Meanwhile, should I do another transatlantic crossing, how do I get back to 'normal' ATC manually?

Thanks.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:33 pm
Site Admin

Just tuning to the correct frequency and making contact should suffice.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:03 pm

Quote:
just tuning to the correct frequency and making contact should suffice.
but what is the 'correct' frequency Dave, one that PF3 is going to respond to? Approach? Tower? I tried manually tuning to the most likely for the area in which I was flying at the time. PF3 received the input (I got my little beep, which option I always use to confirm this) but no reply at all and no instructions in the Remote text to tune to a different frequency.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:05 pm
Site Admin

If you've just completed an Oceanic trip you'll still be at your cruise altitude so you would need to contact the first control center as you exit the oceanic sector

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Iceman
Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:21 am

dmarch wrote: *  Tue May 21, 2019 6:05 pm
If you've just completed an Oceanic trip you'll still be at your cruise altitude so you would need to contact the first control center as you exit the oceanic sector
Just completed a flight PHNL to KJFK with custom made Oceanic entry and exit points, had the same issue as above. I was on oceanic control all the way to landing in JFK. Tried changing frequency to Tower and Ground but could not check in on frequency, however i did get traffic advisory.

Hoping for a solution

IM

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: