OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Zvartnots UGEE/UDYZ

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
martinlest
Post subject: Zvartnots UGEE/UDYZ
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:49 pm

I wonder how to fix things so that I can communicate with ATC via PF3 at Zvartnots airport. When I hit the TAB key, to bring up the frequencies, I see this in the hints window (taken from the PF3_P3D_Freq.dat file):
UDYZ,0,0,"Zvartnots"
UDYZ,1,119.50,"UDYZ"
UDYZ,5,119.00,"YEREVAN"
UDYZ,6,124.00,"YEREVAN"
UDYZ,6,128.00,"YEREVAN"
UDYZ,8,124.00,"YEREVAN"
UDYZ,8,126.00,"YEREVAN"
But when I select any of those frequencies, I get no answer. Also, on flying into UDYZ, ATC's last message ('cleared to final') ends 'Contact Unicom on 0.0 when established' - there's nothing else from ATC after this. I was going to add COM frequencies via the PF3 options, but as you see, they seem to be there already. Maybe they are missing in other files??

I am supposing that the problem is with the new ICAO code - changed from UGEE to UDYZ (ages ago!). I'd much appreciate some steps to correcting this, so that I can use PF3/ATC at the airport. I would have to do this manually, editing the dat files or whatever (I am fine with that - I have backups), as I am flying with X-Plane 11 so cannot update the PF3 database.

Thank you.

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 177 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Zvartnots UGEE/UDYZ
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:24 pm
Site Admin

Your FP is to UGEE which doesn't exist in FS and therefore won't exist in the data files so I guess the only hope you have is to create a flight plan to UDYZ

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:37 pm

Quote:
Your FP is to UGEE which doesn't exist in FS
Well, that's not so for FS9. If I enter UDYZ, it doesn't recognise it, it only knows UGEE for Yerevan. Maybe FSX was updated, but I always use FS9/FSNavigator to make FS9 flight plans.

I can edit the flight plan entering UDYZ instead of UGEE, that's no problem; but FS9 won't be able to use it (unless I update the necessary files in FS9 to change all references to Zvartnots from UGEE to UDYZ). So I'll need three flight plans for the same route - one for X-Plane, one for FS9 and one for PF3. No matter, it's pretty much a one-off for this airport (and I fly X-Plane 99% of the time these days anyway).

I'll post back if I still have problems with the new flight plan.

Thanks.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:11 pm
Site Admin

Strange... my FS9 does NOT have UGEE :?

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:05 pm

Yes, that is very odd!! I have FS9(.1) on two PCs (one a 'clean' out-of-the-box installation from the CD-ROMs) and neither recognises UDYZ, only UGEE.

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:32 pm

I now have the flight plan with UDYZ, instead of UGEE. As soon as I connect PF3 a window comes up saying 'Sorry, we could not find the Airport name UDYZ in your database'. As the flight plan using UGEE did at least load up yesterday, I suppose PF3 must be using UGEE for Yeravan.

With X-Plane I will need to edit the files with a text editor. I have found UDYZ OK in the P3D and FSX database files: I'll need to edit these FS9 ones then:

Atis_fs9.dat; PF3_FS9_Gates.dat; PF3_FS9_Runways.dat; PF3_FS9_TaxiLink.dat PF3_FS9_Taxiways.dat

Is that all of them? What about PF3FS9Data.idx though, which does not open with a text editor?

Presumably (so that I still have UGEE there for FS9), PF3FS9Data.dat apart, I can just copy the UGEE entries and paste them in under UDYZ (as duplicates, that is, but with the ICAO change)?

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:02 pm

Quote:
What about PF3FS9Data.idx though?
I meant PF3FS9Data.dat. Can only edit with a hex editor I think. (Getting too complicated now!).

But I am getting confused - sorry for all these posts (no editing allowed after a short while). I just need to run FS9 MakeRunways and then rebuild the FS9 PF3 database - and use that when I fly X-Plane, as before. Should work now I updated the dat files manually to include UDYZ? I'll do it and post back (again!).

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:45 pm

Quote:
I just need to run FS9 MakeRunways and then rebuild the FS9 PF3 database - and use that when I fly X-Plane, as before. Should work now I updated the dat files manually to include UDYZ? I'll do it and post back (again!).
No, did that but UDYZ is still not in the PF3 database. And although PF3 connects OK, still no ATC responses from if I use UGEE.

Will wait to see if you have any suggestions Dave. Am I missing something obvious? Will have to fly UDYZ without PF3 for now...

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:05 am
Site Admin

Well there seems to be some strange things occurring with the MakeRwys process. Runways.TXT has UGEE and no UDYZ, Runways.CSV has UDYZ and no UGEE, Runways.XML has UDYZ and no UGEE and since we use each of these file it is causing the problem. This is something I will have to chat over with Pete Dowson. Unfortunately there is o easy solution for you as some of the file we create from MakeRwys cannot be edited with a text editor and using a hex editor is not recommended as the data files are linked to index files, so it would get a bit messy.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:29 am

UGEE exists in my FS9. BUt not UDYZ. I went to onlineflightplanner and generated a fpl by substituting UGEE with UDYZ and
then manually editing the fpl to restore it back to UGEE. PF3 had no problem in generating its own version of the fpl.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: