OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Run-time Error '400'

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
leegra
Post subject: Run-time Error '400'
Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:43 am

When the large Flightdeck Companion Option Screen appears, the buttons on that screen are frozen. When I click on one, I can see the Option button on the opening gray menu screen is being depressed, instead of one of the Option Screen buttons. Then, an error message pops-up, reading, "Run-time Error '400': Form already displayed; can't show modally". If I click the "OK" button, both the small gray menu screen and the large Option Screen disappear and FDC crashes...

Nothing else related to FDC is running. This error message just started, but what I just described occurs every time I start FDC...Any help will be much appreciated, since I cannot run FDC as is...thanks,

lee

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Run-time Error '400'
Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:45 am
Site Admin

Hi Lee,

I would suggest youreinstall FDC and this time ensure you stop all other applications when doing so, especially any security products.

Then please ensure you update to the latest version (3.11)

Let us know how you get on

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
leegra
Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:53 am

Dave,

After shutting down my computer and restarting it, then running FS9 and FDC, everything seems to be back to normal. No more "Run-time error 400" messages...Have you got a self-repair tool built into FDC? Only thing I can think of...Thanks for that...

lee

Profile Quote
Andydigital
Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:29 am

The very first thing you should do if a program doesn't work as expected is to restart/reboot the PC, this fixes a multitude of sins.

It amazes me the number of people who leave their PC's running 24/7 for weeks on end and then wonder why there machine is being flakey and slowing down. I think some people don't like to shut down their PC's because it takes them so long to reboot. Well my recommendation is if its taking that long to boot its time for a complete reinstall of everything and that includes the OS, nothing like a virgin installation to get the blood flowing again :lol: . Rant over.
Leegra this previous paragraph isn't directed at you its just a general comment I wanted to get off my chest ;)

Cheers,
Andy.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:35 pm
Site Admin

I agree with you Andy. Very few systems are designed to run 24/7 and even then scheduled reboots are performed.

After four years my development system was creaking at the seams and so I wiped the OS and reinstalled... runs like a charm now... it's just one of those jobs you keep putting off ;-)

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
leegra
Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:03 pm

I'm an old-school guy. Never run the computer longer than necessary and when all else fails, try re-starting the machine. Surprising how often that will solve a problem...It did for me...lee

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support”
Jump to: