OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Auto Mode 'broken'?

Post Reply   Page 1 of 3  [ 23 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 »
martinlest
Post subject: Auto Mode 'broken'?
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:33 pm

I am trying out Auto Mode 1, in which the first three checklists are supposed to be activated by hitting Ctrl-Space as you require each one, and then the later checklists by specific events.... but the Pre-Start, Before Pushback and Before Start-up checklists are running one after the other, with no input from me at all. I've rebooted, but always the same. I have no other programmes running when I test this, just FS9 and FDC, no external programme is hitting Ctrl-Space, and as I say, I am certainly not!

I am sure this full auto mode used to work well. How do I stop the Before Pushback and Before Start-up checklists starting before I hit the required keys? The log file shows:

23/06/17 17:24:00: (07:30:00) - Auto Ctrl+Space

Why Auto Ctrl+Space? How do I switch that off?

Thanks,

Martin

Attachments
blackbox.zip
(4.66 KiB) Downloaded 316 times

Profile Quote
martinlest
Post subject: Re: Auto Mode 'broken'?
Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:04 pm

Anything? ;)

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:34 pm

I'll have a look either tomorrow morning or Friday as I use Auto1.

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:40 pm

OK, thanks Dave.

I am not getting this all the time - could it be only with certain aircraft? I have yet to do enough testing to be sure of that, but I'll bear it in mind and note which a/c I am flying each time I get that 'Auto Ctrl+Space'

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:09 am

Don't think it should be a problem with what aircraft you use.
I only fly with 3rd party so i'll check with some.

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:35 pm

Another instance of same problem.. just in case another log may help locate the problem. Thanks.

Attachments
blackbox.zip
(4.73 KiB) Downloaded 315 times

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:49 pm

From the help file of FDC.

6. Select Auto 1 in the Checklist section of the panel. This will automate the checklist execution,
and you will only have to resume the checklist if an item is set incorrectly.

In otherwords this is fully automatic and once ctrl+spacebar has been hit...FDC will continue to the end providing everything is setup correctly ie:-Checklists.
I have just tried with PMDG 737NG for FS2004 and this is what happens.
If you want to have a semi auto checklist then you need to select the other options from main options screen.
You can disable or turn off keys in Hotkey Options from main menu..but proceed with caution when doing so.
Hope this helps :)

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:36 pm

Hi.. sorry, but that is not the problem. The problem is (and only with, as I say, certain aircraft, it very much seems to me: I don't get this with the planes you mention), not with the individual items within one checklist, but the running of the different checklists one after the other: when the end of the Pre-Start checklist is reached, instead of waiting for a keyboard input from me for the Before Pushback checks, FDC starts them up automatically, before I am ready for them. The same for the Pre-Start checks, which start up all by themselves a few seconds after the Pushback checks are complete. The log shows an entry 'Auto Ctrl+Space' when that happens.

I know that one checklist item will follow after another, that's what I have always selected with FDC, but as I say, there should be (and with most a/c, there is) a pause between those first three checklists, when FDC waits for my Ctrl+Space input. In effect, FDC is hitting Ctrl+Space for me immediately one checklist group has completed... Where is that 'Auto Ctrl+Space' coming from?

The 'After Start' checklist and those thereafter run normally, that is, at the specified times for the Auto1 mode.

Hope that's clear,

Thanks.

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:13 pm

What aircraft do you have issues with and which work correctly?

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:41 pm

So far I get the problem whenever I fly with Flight Factory Simulations Saab 340 or the CamSim CS100/CS300 (AVSIM - by Camil Valiquette). I didn't note down previous a/c, but there were only a couple or perhaps just one other: most of my a/c (PMDG, PSS or whatever) do not cause this. I hope you can reproduce the problem with the AVSIM plane at least (though you can see I am not making this up from the log file I hope, even if you can't! Haha!!).

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?Ca ... hange+View

Thanks again Dave.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 3  [ 23 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support” | Jump to page 1 2 3 »
Jump to: