OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

New user Help

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]
ohdoc
Post subject: New user Help
Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:03 am

I have had a really terrible time with FDC. Most of it is my fault I didn't do much research into the product before buying. So I expected that the default aircraft fromt FSX would be standard in the product. So I had to do all my favorite aircraft from scratch. After finally getting one of the profiles to connect for the default A321 I thought I was good to go. On auto the 1st cabin message played well and then the PNF came on with 'Cabin Signs', and that was it nothing else. That phrase wasn't even on the checklist I designed. No hot keys will take me past that point or anything else I can do. Just when I was about to remove the software and chalk it up as buyers remorse seeing that I can't get a refund I tried the full manual version, and everything went according to my checklist except once airborne the cabin messages stopped and the hotkeys for playing them do not work. Is this something that can be fixed? I was expecting a product like FShotseat where the program read my particular type of aircraft and adjusted for its idiosyncracies. I suppose if I had one of those costly add on aircraft the product would be great as it allows for a lot of individual design. I suppose that if these problems can be corrected I will keep it, but so far I have spend a lot of time and had little to show for it.

Thank you for your response.

Tom Valley

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: New user Help
Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:22 pm
Site Admin

Hi Tom,

#1 please ensure you are running the latest version which is 3.11 as no other versions are supported.

#2 there is nothing for us to fix because it ain't broke !!

#3 we had a host of performance and checklists files in the AVSIM file library for FDC and if they do not reappear soon I wil lmake arrangements to host the files myself.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:36 pm

Hi Tom,
please see this thread as their must be a profile that works perfectly for your aircraft,

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=40

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:46 pm
Site Admin

Oops! :oops: Forgot that!! :o Thanks Dave.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ohdoc
Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:50 am

Dave and Dave,

Thanks for your insights. Yes I have the latest version, and yes I downloaded what I thought would be the match to my aircraft, and no it didn't match. My aircraft is the FSX standard A321. When I downloaded the program it would not load into FDC it said that the flaps were wrong for the aircraft I was using in FSX so I used most of the data in that program which apparently was only for the PSS A321 as shown below.

Name: pssab319.zip Size: 106,335 Date: 02-26-2009 Downloads: 131
FS2004/FSX FDC Performance And Checklist File for PSS Airbus A319-A321; may work with other versions of this aircraft. You must have FDCv3, a payware program, and WinZip utility to access these files. By Dave Leesley.

I am certain that there nothing wrong with the software I just want to know what I am doing or not doing that prevent the Auto version from operating beyond the first words out of the PNF mouth on the prestart checklist.
Thank you
Tom

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:34 pm

Hi Tom,
can you post your system specs here so we can all take a look and any security software you are using please.
No you can't use PSSAB319 profile with the default A321 it's designed only for payware a/c of PSS ;)

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
ohdoc
Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:55 pm

Dave,

I think this is what you want:
Dell XPS 630i
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz
Memory 4 Gig
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT with 1662 MB graphic memory

I hope this helps.
To review: I can get the program to work by using all manual inputs except for trying to skip ahead commands.
No auto options will get me past the first 'Cabin signs' announcement by the PNF. This is strange in that on the checklist that announcement is not there.
I appreciate any help you can give me.
Thanks
Tom

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:28 pm

Hi Tom,
try this setup,goto "options" set everything to "Auto" in checklists,startup etc etc,make sure every box is checked.
Use the default checklist and performance file for the default A321(A320 PIC profile in FDC)
The latest version,once you hit the ctrl+space (after the first cabin announcement) should take you right the way through to departure,climb and landing,try this for now and let us know how you get on please,

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
ohdoc
Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:46 pm

:D Thanks Dave!!!!

I knew it had to be something very simple. I thought that I had to trigger the first cabin announcement before I could start the checklist. Although I haven't actually tried the sequence in real time I am certain it will work. Now if I could just find the performance data for the CRJ700 I would be all set. Thanks a million. Cheers to you.
Tom

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:26 pm

Hi Tom,
when i say cabin announcement i actually meant when the stewardess says "cabin secure" after you have connected and captain says "Thank you" then you hit ctrl+spacebar,then the checklists start "Simples see" (i've been watching that "compare the market" advert too much :lol: :lol: )

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support”
Jump to: