OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

FDC 3.12 Install Problem

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
toriu
Post subject: FDC 3.12 Install Problem
Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:16 pm

I tried to update to FDC 3.12 using the update button in FDC, which has always worked in the past, this time however it got to the stage where it reads "Installing Download", then it freezes. The only option I have is to reboot my computer and when I do I cant access the Internet so the next step is a system restore. I have gone through this procedure three times, each with the same result. I have now tried the fdc_accum312 update but now when I try to start FDC the cockpit picture comes up for a few seconds then nothing. Any advice on this will be appreciated.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: FDC 3.12 Install Problem
Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:11 pm
Site Admin

Yes, rerun the accumulative update again (there's no need to uninstall anything first) but this time use the Method Option #2 as described in the readme and also ensure you turn off all other programs before doing so, especially any anti virus and other security type programs.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
toriu
Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:48 am

Dave, which read me file are you referring to? There are a bunch of read me files for FDC 3.12 now in my main FDC folder but nothing referring to Method option #2.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Andydigital
Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:08 am

He means method 2 in the instructions that come with the accumulative update package.

Cheers,
Andy.

Profile Quote
toriu
Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:21 pm

Andydigital wrote:
He means method 2 in the instructions that come with the accumulative update package.
No instructions came with the accumulative update package. Just tried again, only the application file and when I run this and then try to start FDC the cockpit picture comes up for a few seconds then nothing.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
dmc1976
Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:58 pm

toriu wrote:
Andydigital wrote:
No instructions came with the accumulative update package. Just tried again, only the application file and when I run this and then try to start FDC the cockpit picture comes up for a few seconds then nothing.
I'm having the exact same issue as Toriu, I have been quite happily using FDC 3.11 updated from 3.5 via the auto update function on FDC.

2 days ago it popped up to tell me version 3.12 was available for download which I did, my computer stopped responding and I had to restart. FDC would not start at all at that point so I manually downloaded the accumulative update from the website (no readme included by the way as Toriu said so no idea what this method 2 is that people keep talking about!) and installed that, pointed it to my FDC folder as directed and it told me it could not detect FDC, several minutes of telling it where my main FDC folder was and 10 minutes of the installer telling me it couldn't find it I installed anyway. The update installed itself okay but FDC still would not start up so I uninstalled the whole thing and started from scratch, re-installed it, checked it worked at 3.5 which it did, installed the accumulative update 3.12 again, same issue in that FDC would not fire up again.

So I unistalled again, re-installed FDC from scratch (checked it worked which it did)....installed the 3.12 update to an empty folder then manually moved all the files to my FDC main folder. Result was FDC would not start again.

Unistalled the whole thing again, threw my hands up in despair, wished I could just go back to 3.11 and leave it there, but now my new fresh install of FDC 3.5 keeps telling me that my product is up to date, which I obviousley know it isn't.

Can't find the old updates from 3.5 to 3.11 on the new website, the accumulative update messes my FDC up straight away and I've ran out of ideas.

Somebody please help!

Thanks

Dave

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:25 pm
Site Admin

Dave,

I'm looking into it right now and will get back to you when/if I have an answer

Sorry for the inconvenience

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:04 pm
Site Admin

Guys,

Please download the updated accumulative installer for FDC, which will take you to version 3.13 and hopefully fix your problems

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
dmc1976
Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:59 pm

dmarch wrote:
Guys,

Please download the updated accumulative installer for FDC, which will take you to version 3.13 and hopefully fix your problems

Mr March you are a Gentleman and a Scholar...thankyou very much indeed.

Regards

Dave

Profile Quote
dmc1976
Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:20 am

Works like a charm by the way..... :D

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: