OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Error 339--comctl32.OCX

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Holclo
Post subject: Error 339--comctl32.OCX
Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:44 pm

Reinstalling FDC Live Cockpit into P3Dv3.4 (and hopefully soon into P3Dv4) I am getting the error 339--comctl32.OCX when I try to select the Voice Sets.
Installing into Win 10
Windows Defender is Off
I did see a brief mention of a MVCR file missing.
FDC version 3.15.1 running.
Most of the programme works fine--but my lady co-pilot is a bit intimidating :D .

Strange thing is on this install the first click of the flightdeck_companion .exe the Voice Set page loaded!! I shut FDC down and tried again but now getting this error.
I did see an earlier post re this problem. Is the solution posted in that thread the only way to solve this?
William

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Post subject: Re: Error 339--comctl32.OCX
Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:29 pm

Try his method of getting the problem solved,if it doesn't work then come back.

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Holclo
Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:16 am

I can confirm that the solution posted by Dave worked also for me.

After trawling through many MS forums which turned out to be dead ends I found one with a nugget of info. that gave me the solution. Here it is.

In my case comctl32.Ocx was missing completely. So I had to download it. I obtained it, as recommended directly from Microsoft, it was packaged in Visual Basic 6.0 files (many spurious sites offer it). I extracted the file using WinZip and then placed the file in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 AND C:\Windows\system32\ folders, this was the key bit of info. Many forums reported that the file should be placed in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder, but did not mention the need to place it in the C:\Windows\system32\ folder.

Then, running the DOS CMD (I don't use UAC but if you do, you need to run CMD.exe elevated (right click and run as administrator)), you enter the following commands
1) Regsrv32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64 Press enter. You should get a success message.
20 regsrv32 C:\Windows\system32\ Press enter. You should get a success message.

However when I tried the DOS CMD part I got no success there. But the program is fully working without that part being flagged as "success"

Thanks to Dave for the solution.
William

Profile Quote
Holclo
Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:15 pm

egkkman-- is also known to me as "Dave". Here is a link to his original topic--viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2152

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support”
Jump to: