OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

FDC Live will NOT connect and gives error messages?

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Wombat457
Post subject: FDC Live will NOT connect and gives error messages?
Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:07 pm

An old problem but still a current one :(

I use windows 7 Pro (Fully updated)
FDC Version 3.14 (apparently the latest version)
FSUIPC Version 3.999 (also the latest version for FS9)
FDC Live 3.14 bought and downloaded through Sim Market.

ALL ANTIVIRUS etc were (reluctantly) turned off PRIOR to downloading the software from Sim Market as well as during the installation. No other programs were running at the time either.

FDC Live installed on a COMPLETELY seperate hard drive from my main C Drive and installed correctly, according to it. With that being said, during the installation I received the following messages:

"Your current version of FSUIPC is later. It has not been over written"

I then got this inane error message:

"Problem! My signature check fails on the installed FSUIPC.dll version. Please check that I am not listed as an "Untrusted Publisher" in Internet Explorer (internet - options - content publisher).

That is very nice; however, I don't use Internet Explorer so the request is mute, I use chrome and (from what I have seen) Chrome does not have a Trusted Publisher portion for me to check.

I then ensure that I run the shortcut for FDC Live as an Administrator and have also run the two programs within FDC Live. Despite that (meaning having done everything that has been stated to do) I still get this message:

"Error 429 - ActiveX component can't create object in "SetupDirectSound" routine"

With that, upon clicking okay, FDC Live terminates. I then reload FS9 and try again with the following results and error message when trying to connect FDC Live to FS9:

"NOT Enough Hotkey Slots for this application! Stop and Restart Flight Simulator to try again!"

I then do it all over again and, you guessed it, go back to the Error 429 message!

In short, I have re downloaded, reinstalled in accordance with the stated method detailed in so many forums regarding this problem with FDC Live and it still will not run/work/connect. I have done everything that has been recommended and still nothing works?????

So having done everything properly as recommended (even if I may have overlooked a step in this post) what now?

Attachments
[ attachment ]
FDC Hockey Window.jpg (95.75 KiB) Viewed 3633 times
[ attachment ]
FDC 429 error.jpg (93.12 KiB) Viewed 3633 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: FDC Live will NOT connect and gives error messages?
Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:50 pm
Site Admin

A couple of things that concern me...
Quote:
"Problem! My signature check fails on the installed FSUIPC.dll version. Please check that I am not listed as an "Untrusted Publisher" in Internet Explorer (internet - options - content publisher).
I would suggest this message needs investigating with Pete Dowson
Quote:
"Error 429 - ActiveX component can't create object in "SetupDirectSound" routine"
This is definitely an FDC installation problem
Quote:
"NOT Enough Hotkey Slots for this application! Stop and Restart Flight Simulator to try again!"
This is only due to the Error 429 error and then attempting to restart FDC without restarting FS, so basically it's not an error as such.

My first suggestion would be to download the cumulative updates package from this forum (despite it being the same version as you have) and install it over the top of what you have... that usually sorts out any install issues.

Please let us know how yo get on

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Wombat457
Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:47 pm

Thanks, I'll let you know.

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:04 pm

Suggest deleting FSUIPC altogether and install FDC again,let it download fsuipc and update to latest version when time is right, I have had this issue with other addons using fsuipc.

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Wombat457
Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:16 pm

Dave,

Thanks, I'll give that a try as well especially as one of the issues was with the FSUIPC signature thing.

wombat457

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support”
Jump to: