OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

help in getting started with game fdc live cockpit please.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
anto callaghan
Post subject: help in getting started with game fdc live cockpit please.
Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:36 pm

i got fdc live cockpit today and i have flight sim gold edition already installed but when im trying to put in fdc it keeps coming up [ipc request contains bad data check FSUIPC version 3.2 or latter required] does anyone know what this means.can anyone help me get started please.

Profile Quote
pasterke
Post subject: Re: help in getting started with game fdc live cockpit please.
Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:37 am

Hi,
on top of this forum you can find a link to the FAQ : http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/fdc_faqs.htm
Quote:
Q: I have the latest version of FDC and FSX but when I try to connect I get the following message - "IPC request contains bad data - check FSUIPC version"...
A: This is not actually an FDC issue but you do need a correctly installed copy of FSUIPC to use FDC. The first thing to do is to download and install the latest version of FSUIPC from here. FSUIPC is FREE and you do not need to register it for use with FDC. If you are still having problems then you could try the registry fix found at this link which has cured the problem for some users. Failing this please post on our support forum and we will do our best to help or direct you to Pete Dowsons forum for further assistance.

Regards,

patrick

[ img ]
[ img ][ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:31 pm

I have never tried running FDC in FSX until today - and I find it won't connect, with the same error message as in this (old!) thread. I have downloaded and installed the latest FSUIPC files, though they were all fairly recent already) and have looked at the 'registry fix' suggested on the FAQ page (but my value is already set to 0x23c00 value).

I get the same error when I try to connect PF3 to FSX as well, but I won't post a separate thread there unless you want me to, Dave...

I assume there is more I can do? I've browsed a number of threads here - if I missed 'THE' solution, apologies,

Martin

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:36 pm

Can you attach your FSUIPC4.log? (maybe you have to enable it)

And in another FAQ (not PFE/PF3/FDC) I just read:
Quote:
Delete FSUIPC.DLL and FSUIPC.INI and reinstall FSUIPC.DLL

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:00 pm

It is AMAZING how often this happens (I kid you not): after an hour of fiddling, I posted the above comment. And now that I have done so, both FDC and PF3 are connecting just fine! Well, so much the better, but it's beyond me! I haven't knowingly changed anything in the interim.

If the programmes start with error messages again, I'll post the log, as requested.

Thanks for the very quick response (on a Sunday afternoon too!).

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support”
Jump to: