Welcome to our Product Support Forums

comctl32.Ocx

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
egkkman
Post subject: comctl32.Ocx
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:16 pm

Hello,

It's me again!!

My installation has progressed, I have wideFs up and working but unfortunately I have run into a problem.

Before connecting when going into options, all the menus items work. I can select them and make adjustments, all except 'Voices'. As soon as I select the 'Voices' menu item I get the following error message: 339 Component 'comctl32.Ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

I am running windows 10. I have downloaded the 'comctl32.Ocx' and installed in in the WOW64 folder as instructed but it makes no difference. I also installed VB 6.0 controllers, since the 'comctl32.Ocx' file is associated with it. Again no change.

FDC runs via WideFS and I can get the cabin crew announcements to work but not the checklists.

Any ideas and/or guidance will be very welcome.

Thanks and regards

Dave

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Post subject: Re: comctl32.Ocx
Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:00 pm

Just a stab in dark here, could you try running it not using wideFS...reason I say that is I'm running windows 10 and haven't had issues like you describe, see if that cures it then take it from there.

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
egkkman
Post subject: Re: comctl32.Ocx SOLVED
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:25 am

Morning,

I managed to solve the problem last night. 8-)

After trawling through many MS forums which turned out to be dead ends I found one with a nugget of info. that gave me the solution. Here it is.

In my case comctl32.Ocx was missing completely. So I had to download it. I obtained it, as recommended directly from Microsoft, it was packaged in Visual Basic 6.0 files (many spurious sites offer it). I extracted the file using WinZip and then placed the file in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 AND C:\Windows\system32\ folders, this was the key bit of info. Many forums reported that the file should be placed in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder, but did not mention the need to place it in the C:\Windows\system32\ folder.

Then, running the DOS CMD (I don't use UAC but if you do, you need to run CMD.exe elevated (right click and run as administrator)), you enter the following commands
1) Regsrv32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64 Press enter. You should get a success message.
20 regsrv32 C:\Windows\system32\ Press enter. You should get a success message.

I then ran FDC, tried the Voice selection and it worked!! The check lists now work across the network.

Not a common problem but, if this helps someone else, great.

Thanks for trying to help me out.

Regards

Dave

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:47 am
Site Admin

Thanks for sharing. It would appear that something you uninstalled removed that shared file.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
egkkman
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:58 am

Hi Dave,

It could be I've uninstalled it in error, but I have to say I don't think so. It is a fresh installation of Windows 7 which then updated to Win 10. So far as I can tell, the comctl32.Ocx file is not included in Win 7 / 10 OS.

Having said this, I did read a lot of forums and came across much conflicting info.

Regards

Dave

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:12 am
Site Admin

As far as I know it does come with Win 7

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support”
Jump to: