OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

No flap calls

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]
martinlest
Post subject: No flap calls
Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:17 pm

I used to get flap calls OK but they no longer seem to happen. I didn't change anything, knowingly anyway. I don't want FDC to attempt to move the flaps (as in some aircraft, like the PMDG MD11, it can't), just for the VCP to make the calls according to the flap settings in the performance file, and then I do the necessary myself. That's more 'fun' in any case :)

To be honest I have never really got my head around the FDC interface (mostly as I am never sure whether I am making changes that will affect all my aircraft or just one of them. Are any changes I make under 'Flightdeck Calls' in the UI made to all aircraft (including the VCP/VCP-X section)? Do I then have to save the profile?? If I do, all sorts of odd things happen, but I won't go into that here (I have posted about it before). That's not my current question....

To cut a long story short, due to my stupid inability so far to comprehend the FDC main interface, I am MUCH happier editing the .uco/.sco.pro etc files directly to make changes, if and when that is possible...

So, my .pro file (PMDG 737NG, FS9) shows this (just the relevant bits):

[CoPilot]
FlapCalls=1
VCPMode=0

.. with the correct entries, 0 or 1, under [Flaps] for the 737

The FDC.ini file however, shows:

[CoPilot]
FlapCalls=1
VCPMode=1

(As far as I know, VCPMode=0 means Gear and Flaps called but manual operation VCPMode=1 = Gear & Flaps auto (Co-Pilot) operation, no?)

In whatever way I do it then, using the FDC UI or via a text editor, how do I return to gear and flaps being called out during ascent/descent, but leaving me to make the changes myself?

Thanks!

Profile Quote
martinlest
Post subject: Re: No flap calls
Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:02 pm

.. forgot to add, I get no 'OK on the right' & a flap call at the start of taxi any more either. I checked the .uco file and it is marked NTOF as 10 degs (which is valid).

Part and parcel of PCs - things work for a while and then just stop of their own accord. I have posted another thread with another little oddity too (in the interests of keeping different topics in different threads).

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:44 am

Try VCP Mode 2...

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:46 am

:D I just changed from VCP Mode 2 to 1 after another post here - I'll change back and see what happens then. Thanks.

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:53 am

No, no NTOF calls at start of taxi and no flap calls at all (after take-off or during descent) in Mode 2 either - only after I move the flaps myself. Previously, the VCP called the flaps correctly according to the flight instruments and I then 'complied', which was pretty nice. (I do get the landing gear call).

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:27 pm

You may need to reinstall the profile for 737ng and start again with whatever you're doing.

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:33 pm

I copied over profiles (.pro) from backup , overwriting the current ones. These use to work - and I checked the box VCP operates gear and flaps, but I still get no 'Clear on the right' (or whatever the exact phrase is), no request to set flaps to NTOF value, no flap calls after take or on descent. Only a call 'Gear Up' after take off.

Should I uninstall the whole programme and start again (backing up profiles first)? No idea what can have gone wrong..

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:36 pm

OK, I went into some of the performance files (.pro) with a text editor and although the box was checked in the FDC UI, I saw a lot of files that had this:

[Captain]
CTFlapCalls=0

[CoPilot]
FlapCalls=1
So I used a batch editor to change every instance of CTFlapCalls=0 to CTFlapCalls=1 - and now all the flpa calls are back. relief!! I really didn't fancy a full reinstall!

I really need to ask a question now about how the GUI works in FDC as I get some really weird things happening. I'll post this in a separate thread though, as it's not relevant to the subject of this one.

Martin

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:42 pm

Post here please so we can marry things up...hopefully!

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:04 pm

Too late, sorry. I thought that was a different question so needed a different post. The thread is already on the forum.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support”
Jump to: