OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Error 372

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
kelle8806
Post subject: Error 372
Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:12 am

Hello,

I use FDC Live Cockpit with FSX and (thanks to your forum) it works well now.

But I've still a problem to get it work with Prepar3D (version 2.5). The FDC version I use is 3.14. It says:
"Run-time error '372': Failed to load control 'TinyProfileCMD' from FDC_BU~1.OCX. Your version of FDC_BU~1.OCX may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application."

Sometimes it says: "Subscript out of range".

FSX is installed in C:\FSX. P3D is installed in D:\P3D. FDC is installed in C:\P3D\Modules.
I've only found one post in the internet about this error and no solution. It would be great if you could help me please. I would like to use this add-on with P3D.

Thanks a lot!

kelle8806

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Error 372
Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:45 am
Site Admin

I'm afraid I know nothing about P3D and as far as I know other users have had problems getting FDC to work with it. The error message you quote is usually due to a missing ActiveX control or OCX file as described in your post. That file should reside in the Windows System folder. Have you checked to see if it exists. My guess would be something, maybe even you AV program has removed it.... in which case you would need to reinstall FDC and tell your AV programs to leave all files in the FDC folder structure alone.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
kelle8806
Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:42 pm

I've deactived Norton and installed FDC again.

I install all FSX add-ons with a payware migration tool. This works fine with allolder add-ons I have. The FDC installer installs all in P3D without any problem so the problem doesn't seem to be FDC.

Therefore I think the problem is that my versions of FSUIPC and P3D are insompatible. I've the newest versions of both (and a registered one of FSUIPC4 although you don't need it for FDC) and they should be compatible because FSUIPC says so.
During FSUIPC installation it says: "Your FSX installation is not suitable for this version of FSUIPC. You may need to install an update from Microsoft."
I'll write to schiratti.com (FSUIPC), maybe they have any solution for this problem. I also wrote to Aerosoft technical support, maybe they have any idea, too.
Maybe I only have to wait for an update for FSUIPC. I try to keep optimistic. :)

Thanks!

kelle8806

Profile Quote
kelle8806
Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:57 pm

FSUIPC works fine now. I only had to install it again and deactivate the migration tool before.
I found the mistake: You have two .exe files in the FDC folder, one is called FDC.exe from 2006 (v 1.0.0.6) and FDC starts always with this file. The second file is called Flightdeck_Companion.exe (v 3.14). So if I start FDC it always starts v 1.0.0.6 and therefore it doesn't work with P3D. If I double-click / start Flightdeck_Companion.exe (v 3.14) nothing happens. I run FDC_Vista.exe but this changes nothing.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks!

Mathew

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:11 pm
Site Admin

I have no idea why P3D will not start FDC.exe, sorry.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support”
Jump to: