OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Descent Checklist in 'Auto 1' Mode: how to modify?

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
martinlest
Post subject: Descent Checklist in 'Auto 1' Mode: how to modify?
Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:29 pm

I have changed my VCP mode to Full Auto recently, but there is one value I don't seem to be able to get right. I want descent checklists always to start at FL100 (as I include landing lights and so on at that time)....

So I have gone into Options/Select Aircraft and checked the radio button 'Descent Checks begin at' - the value is set to 10000. I have looked too at the .pro files and the fdc.ini file and the values there look fine:

DescentChecksAlt=10000

But descent checklists still insist on starting up at somewhere between 25000' & 30000': I suppose this must be due to the FDC option to have descent checks start at PFE (I always fly FDC+PFE) cruise altitude, minus a given value. But I do not have that option selected, do I??

Is there something else I haven't done. Can't see anything else in the manual..

Thanks,

Martin

Profile Quote
martinlest
Post subject: Re: Descent Checklist in 'Auto 1' Mode: how to modify?
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:23 am

No ideas, please? I can't think what else to check now. My climb checks come on as I want them, at 10000', as set, but not the descent checks - they all start around 25,000'. But the FDC interface and the pro files clearly show the descent check alt as 10000??

Martin

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:39 pm

I'll have a look thursday 5th at somepoint and see where you may have gone wrong!!

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:38 am

Thank you Dave. Sorry to be presenting so many little issues at the moment!!

I posted to this thread earlier today, but I can't see that comment now. Very odd - I thought I saw it come up after posting... :?:

I said that, flying a CRJ200 today, the descent checks started OK, at 10000' as I want (I always get the checklists at 10000' when ascending BTW), so I compared .pro files and found that in the CRJ pro file there was this:

DescentAltMode=0

In the last few flights I made before that one, where checklists were started at 25000' or so, the .pro files I was using have this:

DescentAltMode=1

I don't know what sets those values in the FDC GUI (where everything I have found looks correctly set up), but maybe I need to change all profiles to read DescentAltMode=0 (???).

Martin

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:22 pm

Dave, I think I have sorted this (I have only done two flight tests, as below) by changing this:

DescentAltMode=1

to this, in the .pro file:

DescentAltMode=0

I flew one short flight with the first setting, and got the descent checks at 20000'. Then flew another very similar flight (same a/c) but with the second line in the pro file. Descent checks started at 10000'.

As I say, I can't see anything wrong in the FDC GUI and I don't knoiw what the DescentAltMode= entries represent in the GUI either. Maybe you could let me know?

Thanks,

Martin

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support”
Jump to: