OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Paul Riley - RIP

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
Dave March
Post subject: Paul Riley - RIP
Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:32 am
Site Admin

For those who may remember him I am sorry to report that my dear friend, and one of the original FDC team members, Paul Riley, sadly passed away on Sunday evening (28-7-13)

Paul and I first met (virtually) back in 1998/99 on the then very popular MicroWings forum. He joined me on the beta team for Proflight 2000 and then became a really big cog in the wheel during the development of FDC. Paul simply loved flying and when he could no longer do it for real he took up flight sim. A Vietnam vet he flew gunships during three tours of duty, reaching the rank of Lieutenant Colonel.

I had the pleasure of staying with Paul and his wife, Bev, back in 2002 and their hospitality was second to none. Unfortunately Bev became very poorly several years ago and Paul gave up flight sim completely and devoted all his time caring for her. I don't think he ever got over losing her some 18 months ago.

I will remember Paul for his humour, his willingness to pass on his experience to us wannabe aviators and for simply being a kind, caring human being.

My condolences to his family.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
Return to “FDC Support”
Jump to: