Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Level-D 767 FSX - Engine Startup Calls

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
petcna
Post subject: Level-D 767 FSX - Engine Startup Calls
Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:17 pm

Hi,
After the engine startup, "Engine 1/2 Stable" message keeps on repeating itself. I've tried advancing to the Taxi checklist (and further checklists), but still it keeps repeating. I don't use the Level-D support since I dont have FSCONV. And I use the Level-D 767 Profile.

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Post subject: Re: Level-D 767 FSX - Engine Startup Calls
Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:55 pm

Hi,
do you have "Engine stable" checked and a time entered in the box,i use 5 secs,also are you hitting the ctrl-spacebar to advance the checklists as the latest version does this automatically after you initially start,

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
petcna
Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:30 pm

Where can I find the "Engine stable" checked and the time?

I use the latest FDC (3.11) and I don't hit ctrl+space for advancing to the afterstart checks since it does automatically after the "engine stable" calls (except in this aircraft) as u said. But I tried pressing the key combination to override the "engine stable" call which was repeating itself. The ckecklists proceeded as it should with this "engine stable" call interupting inbetween every checklist item!

Profile Quote
petcna
Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:08 am

Hi Dave,

Did you mean "After start checks begin ...sec's after engine start" by "engine stable checked and 5 sec"?

Then, I also tried by selecting the "Skip Engine Startup Calls" which was of no use again...

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:33 pm

Has this just started to do this,does it only do it with LevelD?
Which profile are you using for the Leveld 767,stock or the one i made

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Post subject: Re: Level-D 767 FSX - Engine Startup Calls-Solved
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:22 am

Hi,
to solve this problem you need to do the following......

1:On the OVHD panel Eng Start needs to be set to both.

2:Both Fuel Levers need to be OFF

3:Engine start switches need to be set to OFF position

4:Press CTRL+E for engine start.

5:Now turn engine start switch to GND

6:On PDST switch Fuel Lever no1 to ON,you should see your engine spool up and stabilize,you should only hear "Engine stable" call once or maybe twice at the most,you are now ready to start no2 engine...

7:Turn engine start switch 2 to GND and switch Fuel Lever no2 to ON and again watch the Engine spool up and stabilize.

You should now have the Engine Stable call only once and be able to carry on with the checklists..........enjoy

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
petcna
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:05 pm

Dave Leesley wrote:
Has this just started to do this,does it only do it with LevelD?
Which profile are you using for the Leveld 767,stock or the one i made
Hi Dave,

Yes, this problem occurs only with LevelD which I installed only 3 days back. And I'm using your profile which I found through one of your posts.

Regarding the problem solving tips, I'll try that out and keep you posted. Thanks!

Profile Quote
petcna
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:53 pm

I tried your steps. The output I get is Engine 1 stabilizes properly with one "engine 1 stable" call. But Engine 2 spools up and N2 stops at around 10% and N1 stops at around 12.1% with positive oil pressure. Engine 2 doesn't stabilize at all. When I restart the process by starting Engine 2 first, it stablilizes and is confirmed by a call, but Engine 1 doesn't spool up properly as in the previous case...

I've checked the air, fuel pumps, etc. and are all normal...

I also have a doubt - Why Ctrl+E is used to start? Is it initiating the auto-start procedure so that FDC can identify the engine starts?

Or can I atleast skip the engine startup calls? Because I tried the "Skip Engine Startup Calls", but it did not help.

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:14 am

Hi,
i don't know where you went wrong but this process does work as i did it yesterday morning.
As for CTRL+E combo,i find it's the only way to stop the looping in Leveld's 767,i can only assume it's down to the complexity of the aircraft and coding,

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:03 am

petcna wrote:
I tried your steps. The output I get is Engine 1 stabilizes properly with one "engine 1 stable" call. But Engine 2 spools up and N2 stops at around 10% and N1 stops at around 12.1% with positive oil pressure. Engine 2 doesn't stabilize at all. When I restart the process by starting Engine 2 first, it stablilizes and is confirmed by a call, but Engine 1 doesn't spool up properly as in the previous case...

I've checked the air, fuel pumps, etc. and are all normal...

I also have a doubt - Why Ctrl+E is used to start? Is it initiating the auto-start procedure so that FDC can identify the engine starts?

Or can I atleast skip the engine startup calls? Because I tried the "Skip Engine Startup Calls", but it did not help.
The not spooling up and it happens to me is not down to FDC but i think a small bug in Leveld a/c itself or FSX,

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: