OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Database rebuild recurring error

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
vololiberista
Post subject: Database rebuild recurring error
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:20 pm

When I make any changes to an afcad in FS9 I run the makerwys programme and then rebuild the database in PFE.
However when I then click on Select new ADV (even if I have recompiled it) i continuously get the error message
"This version of PFE supports full taxi guidance but you need to rebuild the PFE database first to activate this new feature in FS9" This error occurs in spite of having rebuilt the database

Just exactly how many times do I have to rebuild the database in oder for this error to stop If i have already rebuilt the database after a change it makes no sense whatsoever to have to rebuild it again and again and again this error message is false and prevents PFE being used!!!!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
JET 1
Post subject: Re: Database rebuild recurring error
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:07 pm

It's not how many times you do it of course... Obviously something is going wrong with the rebuild.

Are you absolutely sure the rebuild is finished? Are you seeing the OK message?

Have you tried EXITING PFE after the database rebuild is complete? After that, restart PFE and only then Select new adv.

Are your regional settings set to UK English?

Are you using Vista?

Profile Quote
Andydigital
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:56 pm

Have you deleted all of the files that makerwys creates before running it again? You have yet to answer this question after me asking you 4 times now on various forums. It definitely does make a difference for me, I don't know why, but I suspect it may be a bug in makerwys.

i.e. delete Runways.csv, F5.csv, G5.csv, R4.csv R5.csv and T5.csv from the main FSX or FS9 folder and then run makerwys.exe again.

Cheers,
Andy.

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:19 pm

I'm not using Vista. I'm using XP Pro

I have tried all combinations of deleting files- closing and restarting PFE etc.
Sometimes the loop makes me re run the database build half a dozen times or more.

Always saying database build complete. I think too that makerwys has a bug. Also I have used Visual basic many times in the past and often csv files were corrupt though on the face of it no errors can be seen.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Andydigital
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:35 pm

Try disabling any anti virus software when running makerwys then, the AV package may be corrupting the files somehow, I know its a long shot but its worth a try especially if you have had problems previously with corrupt csv files.

Cheers,
Andy.

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:45 pm

you say you have tried all combinations have you tried this one.
First off have you ran a registry checker,if any files are out of place then this will correct them.
Secondly, run makerwys then rebuild PFE database then shutdown your PC and restart it.
Thirdly, compile a new flight.
If this fails and nothing else seems to work then you may need to uninstall PFE,delete all folders/files relating to PFE and start again,i know it's a pain but sometimes it's the only option,

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Rick Schaefer
Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:56 pm

I've had that problem myself and I'm running Vista 64bit. The only surefire way that I've found that will get by that one is, after rebuilding the database, exit out of PFE and reload it. No more error. I've talked to Dave about this and it seems that it's not a very common problem amongst users, so it's being a bit of a pain to track down. I guess he's not been able to recreate the problem on his system, which makes it VERY tough to find. But, try my suggestion and it should be ok.

-Rick
FDC/PFE Beta-test team

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: