Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Few questions r.e. PFE

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
pench
Post subject: Few questions r.e. PFE
Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:43 pm

Hi,
Only stumbled across this software tonight, might actually be what i'm looking for!

If anyone could answer a few questions please?

- Say for instance I want to fly from Manchester to Gatwick, I set my departure destination up and presume I contact ATC? Then what, do I get given the departure and runway etc, or do I have to tell ATC?

-Upon approaching my destination will I get given an approach to fly or will I have to choose this?

-I have noticed the description mentioned new voices etc, is this a seperate programme that runs alongside FSX, or is ATC communication made via the same window?

Answers to these questions would be a great help, as really it's a choice between simplates or this - just looking for a programme to help me fly proper approaches etc. the more realistic ATC added onto that would obviously be great.

Many thanks

L.Penchion

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Few questions r.e. PFE
Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:34 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
- Say for instance I want to fly from Manchester to Gatwick, I set my departure destination up and presume I contact ATC? Then what, do I get given the departure and runway etc, or do I have to tell ATC?
Create a flight plan... select it in ProFlight to create an ADV file... select the ADV file in PFE and connect to FS... you then have full ATC interaction for your flight with clearance, ground control, tower, departure, control centres on route, approach, tower and ground control at your destination. You can fly VFR or IFR, use SIDs/STARs if you wish. More details can be found on our website or by downloading the complete user guide.
Quote:
-Upon approaching my destination will I get given an approach to fly or will I have to choose this?
Your choice
Quote:
-I have noticed the description mentioned new voices etc, is this a seperate programme that runs alongside FSX, or is ATC communication made via the same window?
It's a separate, standalone program and no, we do not use an ATC communication widow as that is a bit of an antiquated way of doing things and very unrealistic.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
pench
Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:29 pm

thanks, I will buy this then, seems really good.

Profile Quote
pench
Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:30 pm

Quote:

Your choice

Sorry does that mean both of those options are available or just the latter??

Profile Quote
Andydigital
Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:49 pm

You can either be vectored or ask to fly an instrument approach (STAR).

Cheers,
Andy.

Profile Quote
pench
Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:50 pm

when u get vectored is it more realistic than standard, though, like taking into consideration height and speed restrictions etc?

Profile Quote
JET 1
Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:56 pm

pench wrote:
when u get vectored is it more realistic than standard, though, like taking into consideration height and speed restrictions etc?
Yes it does give vectors for a tighter pattern vs FS standard ATC which can vector you for hundreds of miles at 2000 AGL :shock: You do also get speed control during vectoring.

Profile Quote
pench
Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:53 pm

How does the user interact with atc if there is no window with options available, e.g. how do you read back instructions

Also does PFE come with SID/STARs built in or not ?

Profile Quote
Andydigital
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:04 am

It's probably quicker if you download the manual from the thread below and have a read of that. No PFE does not come with SIDS and STARS as they change more often than the British weather :)

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10

Cheers,
Andy.

Profile Quote
pench
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:07 pm

the voices in the version for FSX don't sound all computerised do they??

Its just ive just seen a vid on youtube with the 777 and it sounds like the talk application on Windows!

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: