OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Sound

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
saunder
Post subject: Sound
Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:53 am

Can I get the PFE sound to come through headphones while the environment uses the main sound system. I have sound card and onboard M/B sound. If so how do I do it?

Thanks

John

Profile Quote
Andydigital
Post subject: Re: Sound
Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:02 am

There isn't a facility within PFE to do this but if you are using Windows Vista you can force applications to use different sound cards on a session by session basis. Unfortunately though its not something you can set permanently unless the application supplies the facility internally like FSX does.

Cheers,
Andy.

Profile Quote
saunder
Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:13 am

Thanks for the response, I am using windows 7 how would I force PFE to use a different sound card?

Regards

John

Profile Quote
Andydigital
Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:21 am

I don't currently use W7 but if its like Vista what you need to do is right click on the small speaker icon in the taskbar and select "playback devices"

Next make sure all programs that you want to use your normal speakers are already running and in fact using them.

Now select the device that you want PFE to use and make it the default sound device. Start PFE. Now when PFE makes a sound it will use this new default device.

When you have finished the session reselect your normal default sound device otherwise the next time those applications are started they will use the ATC sound card rather than your main speakers.

Cheers,
Andy.

Profile Quote
saunder
Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:23 am

Andy, That worked great in windows 7 thanks for that.

John

Profile Quote
Andydigital
Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:13 am

Thanks for letting me know it still worked John, I had a feeling it would as Windows 7 is basically Vista service pack 3.

Cheers,
Andy.

Profile Quote
saunder
Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:18 pm

Yes I agree with your view on windows 7 and I have had few issues, infact it's been a real bonus with using ATI 4870X2 it's resolved many driver problems even though I am struggling with VoxATC but as usual Tegwyn is on the case like lightening.

Regards

John

Profile Quote
macman4
Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:31 pm

Does this work that way with Windows XP? I've been uing a great little piece of free software called Quick Sound Switch. http://www.quicksoundswitch.toflo.de/

Profile Quote
saunder
Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:27 pm

I have just downloaded the latest download for win7 and it is easier so thank you for the information. http://www.vistaaudiochanger.com/Downloads.aspx

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: