OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Sent back to France!!

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
vololiberista
Post subject: Sent back to France!!
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:55 pm

There are still some Gremlins in my PFE installation!
This is a synopsis of a flight from LIMZ to EGLL
PFE asked me to contact Multicom (what is that?) LIMZ tower is 119.55 (also in FS9) This frequency is used for clearance, taxiing, take off etc.
I tuned to this freq. pressed 0 got flight plan clearance
pressed 0 again got taxi clearance
Pressed 6 when at the holding point for TO clearance
Silence
Took off anyway
In the air passed to departure
During the flight 50% of the handovers were ok the others were just acknowledgements by ATC
AS I approached the UK and LHR ATC stepped me down to FL60 and 250kts
Just past the facility ODH I was told to expect vectors to the ILS 09L At this point my heading was 355
ATC told me to turn to 215
after this I was given alternate headings of 225/215 passing over Poole and just before I returned into French airspace I gave up and closed FS9
I know one can use STAR's etc. but this was a joke!!!!
Vololiberista

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Sent back to France!!
Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:20 am
Site Admin

Well if you haven't built the PFE database correctly the chances are PFE does not have any frequencies for facilities at your departure airport, hence the Multicom request.

Have you tried my previous suggestions at all regarding building the PFE database and your Windows Regional Settings?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:40 pm

dmarch wrote:
Well if you haven't built the PFE database correctly the chances are PFE does not have any frequencies for facilities at your departure airport, hence the Multicom request.

Have you tried my previous suggestions at all regarding building the PFE database and your Windows Regional Settings?

Yes done all that but why then does the file freq_conversion.dat in the data directory contain the correct frequencies
e.g.
LIMZ - Apr: Orig: 0 New: 129.27
LIMZ - Twr: Orig: 0 New: 119.55

The file date is consistent when the date and time of generating the flight plan. Does the Proflight2000 module see this file or not?
How can I see frequency changes generated by this file without having to use notepad to print it off? When frequencies exist both in real life and in FS9 why do we have to use imaginary frequencies in PFE?

Also as stated in my post just past the ODH facility I was asked to maintain my heading of 355 and expect vectors to the ILS for rwy 09L (this was expected) but I was vectored to 225 and 215 alternately until I reached the French ATZ
(that was not expected!!!!) What PFE should have done was to vector me on the "reciprocal" of 035 then asked me to "call established" on the localisor and then handed me over to the tower. This means from being just 20DME from Heathrow I had to ditch in the English Channel and wait for the Channel Islands rescue service. My passengers were "not happy!"

Vololiberista

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:15 pm
Site Admin

PFE does not use imaginary frequencies... it uses the same frequencies as FS.... period!

If this is not the case for you then you have an installation or configuration problem!

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:46 pm

dmarch wrote:
PFE does not use imaginary frequencies... it uses the same frequencies as FS.... period!

If this is not the case for you then you have an installation or configuration problem!
If that then is the case "how" do I? confirm PFE is configured correctly? FS9 certainly is!!!
vololiberista

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:44 pm

dmarch wrote:

An IFR flight plan was filed and run by a member of the avsim forums He also was told to contact multicom on 122.9 instead of the tower 119.55

Is he wrong too?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:32 pm
Site Admin

I didn't say anyone was 'wrong' I said PFE uses FS frequencies. According to my installations neither FS9 nor FSX have any control facilities at LIMZ. The only frequencies listed are Approach on 121.10 and FSS on 119.55.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Andydigital
Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:31 pm

I can confirm that the default LIMZ in FSX on my system has no tower frequency either, just a local traffic frequency i.e. 122.9

As I have mentioned to you on another forum, if you have an third party add-on airfield for LIMZ then you need to rebuild the database and delete all the files that makerwys creates before running it again. For some odd reason the files don't get created properly on some systems if the files already exist.

I had issues with an airfield I created myself and eventually got it working after I first deleted the files listed below.

Runways.csv, F5.csv, G5.csv, R4.csv R5.csv and T5.csv

Now run makerwys again which will create new versions of the above files, then finally rebuild the database in PFE.

If you don't have an add-on airfield for LIMZ then the frequencies you are seeing in PFE are correct as they are the default FSX and FS9 allocations.

Cheers,
Andy.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: