OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Registration

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Bernie
Post subject: Registration
Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:03 pm

Hello Dave

Nice to see the new forum - I was Bud on the Avsim board but can't use that here. I hope things are now back to some form of normalcy for you.

I would've registered a little sooner but being an old man I have to say that my tired old eyes could not read half the darned letters required to submit the form.

Bernie

Profile Quote
Andydigital
Post subject: Re: Registration
Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:18 pm

Sorry about that Bernie, not being able to use a short name is my fault, I made it a requirement for usernames to have at least 5 characters. The reason I choose this number of characters was to increase the likelihood of someone using a real name people could relate to, it also makes it easier to remember/spell etc when replying to someone. I find it makes the community a little more friendly if people use real names rather than just handles. Yes I know my username isn't strictly my name either but I've used that name for nearly 10 years now and Andy is my name anyhow :D

It's also my fault that the CAPTCHA's are a little hard to read, I had to do this because there are spam bots now that can read these registration processes if you make them too easy and I hope you agree that anything to keep spam out of the forum has got to be a good thing.

Cheers,
Andy.

Profile Quote
Bernie
Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:44 pm

Hello Andy

Not to worry, I'm here now. I agree about the spam thing - just wish my eyes were as young as my brain tells me I should be :geek:

Bernie

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:32 pm
Site Admin

Hi Bernie,

Nice to see you on the new forum

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: